Number plates.

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Lowen1981

Number plates.

Post by Lowen1981 »

Who does everyone use for a good classic licence plate like the originals
Mick D

Re: Number plates.

Post by Mick D »

Hi

My 61 G3 had vinyl characters so I replaced like with like - I got the characters supplied by Classic Transfers who offer the option of having the characters supplied on a clear adhesive mask which allows accurate positioning of the individual characters and the number plate as a whole.

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/

On my 75 Triumph I wanted to include the original dealer's details below the characters so I went to these guys:

https://www.myshowplates.com/

Very pleased with both products.

Regards Mick
clive

Post by clive »

We have a supplier advertising in the magazine. I have used them for aluminium plates, quick and good quality.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Richard Mills

Post by Richard Mills »

I have bought black/silver aluminium plates for three motorcycles from Tippers and they have all been excellent. Yesterday I received a similar set of plates for my Beetle, also excellent.
Originally I bought from them because they accepted scanned identification documents which could be emailed to them. Continued buying from them because of their good service.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

Peter, if it's the old fashioned painted ones you want my friend does them, you can see his work for yourself on Sunday.
Ray