Camshaft Refurbishment

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
jajo57

Camshaft Refurbishment

Post by jajo57 »

I've recently had a pair of camshafts refurbished, one for my Model 8 and the other for my G5, so, essentially identical units. Both cams were heavily pitted and the bush journals had worn oval. In both cases the lobes were reground to remove all the pitting and the journals ground undersize and then a hardened sleeve pressed on.

I am extremely happy with the final result and if I have any criticism, it is that the turn-around time can vary greatly. My first cam was done in a matter of two weeks, the second, took nearly 4 months and, that was despite frequent telephone calls. That said, I would use them again. The name and address of this company is:

Joy Engineering,
The Workshop,
Ryes Lane,
Hadfield Heath,
Bishop Stortford,
Hertfordshire. CM22 7BS

Tel: 01279 730682

And the proprietor, Phil Joy
----------------------------------------------------------
Remember, everything is easy when you know how to do it.
Rob Harknett

Re: Camshaft Refurbishment

Post by Rob Harknett »

small typo there, should read Hatfield Heath, but I'm sure the post code would find Hatfield and not Hadfield. Theres also nearby Hatfield Broard Oak, not to be confused with the town of Hatfield nr. St Albans, both villages are some 25 miles east
P.S. only about 10 miles from me.
jajo57

Post by jajo57 »

"Hatfield Broard Oak", should that not read Hatfield Broad Oak?
Remember, everything is easy when you know how to do it.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ha ha I wondered if you would spot that. I typed it wrong, then corrected it, but thought no, I'll leave it and give you the chance to correct me, so you won't feel put down having been corrected. :-)