Chrome plating recommendation

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Ozmadman

Chrome plating recommendation

Post by Ozmadman »

Hi
Just spend the last 30 minutes unpacking my new chrome plated parts(All of the chrome, apart from the wheels on a Yamaha RD250 and there is lots of it!!) and how pleased was I??? absolutely stunning work and faultless quality, I would never have believed my parts would look so good. Small dents that I hadn't even mentioned were taken out of the rear guard and some serious dents were removed from the front guard as well. The price was very good too and they do silencers!! all very well packed as well for the return. The only downside... not the quickest (nearly 9 weeks when they originally said 4-5 ) but worth waiting for. This company deserves a recommendation and I will be using them again when I next need some plating. It's often difficult to find a good platers but this is one of them!!!

http://www.chromefix.co.uk/content.php? ... birmingham

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Re: Chrome plating recommendation

Post by Janet »

What do you mean by a very good price?

No, chaps, I'm not going to spoil the looks of my bikes putting chrome on them, but I know people who may want to add some to theirs and they're likely to ask what sort of cost is likely. We're not all wealthy southerners. ;)
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Times they are a changing Janet. After years of painting this and re plating that, a bike with its original finish will be a very rare valuable machine. The future antique motor cycle collector will curse the 20th century restorers.
iansoady

Post by iansoady »

Many thanks for that and good to know they do exhausts. Will they tackle wheel rims, do you know?
Ian
1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

The best way to show the excellent value is to post pictures of all the stuff I had plated even though it is not an AJS/Matchless and let you see what you think £580 total inc vat. quad plated.. Not sure about the wheels, give them a ring..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
1960 Model 8
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Janet wrote: We're not all wealthy southerners. ;)
Nor am I Janet.. I only work part time and live frugally(on my own) so I can have and support this hobby( I didn't even have any heating or hot water for over a year last year whilst I struggled to save up for a boiler!!!)and actually after saving hard to get this work done I now find myself out of work and facing living on my £55 per weeks works pension. I may get about £12 per week job seekers (Yes!!! that's all, as I have the pension coming in... not bad for someone who has been at work for 44 years and always paid their way is it!!!???, don't get me on that subject!!!) but probably won't bother with what's involved these days to claim such a small amount as I am pretty confident I will get a menial job soon. The AJ and the Yam were bought out of my redundancy, before it would have got squandered on nothing. I was sensible enough at the ripe old age of 45 to get a mortgage on my small flat which was paid off back in 2010 with the rest of the redundancy money. So, you see, most of us are in the same or similar boats.

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

looks good, my first proper bike at seventeen was a RD250B
This is the only picture I have of it.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Allspeed or Micron spannies? I used to have an X7 tuned with Microns that would eat GS Suzzies of the line. Blew the baffles out one day, noise was lovely but the neighbours didn't think so! Funny how we age because I now think that 2 smokes sound like angry bees. Christ, I've turned into one of my old neighbours!!!!! :shock:
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

ajscomboman wrote:Allspeed or Micron spannies? I used to have an X7 tuned with Microns that would eat GS Suzzies of the line. Blew the baffles out one day, noise was lovely but the neighbours didn't think so! Funny how we age because I now think that 2 smokes sound like angry bees. Christ, I've turned into one of my old neighbours!!!!! :shock:
Hi,
They were J&R, lovely noise, lots of my friends had X7 and a lot of them had them stolen, The Rd was stolen but found dumped around the corner, it was a pig of a bike to ride, jetting was all wrong with the K&Ns fitted, the timing would go out on a regular basis. It seized up on the way back from High Beach and nearly had me off. Them days was good you could ride a 250 with L plates. Like wise I don't think my neighbours was too impressed. I used to use castrol r oil, loved the smell of that stuff.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

davegsx wrote:looks good, my first proper bike at seventeen was a RD250B
This is the only picture I have of it.
Mine is the USA spec 6 speed 250B with the slim tank, am keeping it in the original colours(clean white with the red decals), many people re-paint them the more popular red or blue metallic colour.
Paul
1960 Model 8