AMC spares

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
mikeydpippin

AMC spares

Post by mikeydpippin »

If your looking for spares for your AJS or Matchless contact Steve or Linda Surbey not only very knowledgable but quick delivery and competitively priced.
Secondhand parts also available.
Very important to keep the Jampot spares as your first choice just to keep the marque alive,but AMC worth a second choice.
Mike
Ozmadman

Re: AMC spares

Post by Ozmadman »

I can second that, excellent service and good prices
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

Yep, very much agreed Mikey.

AMC Classic Spares is such an important resource for us and we should support them just as much as the club's own spares scheme. There is no other supplier that I have found anywhere in the world with as much knowledge and who is as helpful as Steve. To be able to ask for such-and-such a part for such-and-such a year/model of bike and have the exact right piece arrive, with no mention of part numbers necessary, is amazing. In fact, Steve has saved me from ordering the right part on several occasions when I thought I was being all clever and scouring through the part list, when he reminded me that my bike was one of those interesting year change models and that I should really be looking at a different parts list to the year of the bike.

This sort of knowledge and helpfulness is invaluable to us as AMC owners.

Also everything Linda has shipped out to me on the other side of the world has arrived in perfect condition, whilst also have cost the bare minimum to ship. That's really important when you're not just down the road and it's critical to get things right first time. I find that the VAT I don't have to pay more than covers the postage cost on most orders, so this is a very economical option for those of us in the colonies and beyond.

Please keep up the good work Steve and Linda :)

James
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Ozmadman wrote:I can second that, excellent service and good prices
+1 for Steve and Linda at AMC Classic Spares.
Recent parts supplied include new brake shoes, foot rest, gear lever and kick start rubbers. Brakes now working fine on the G3LC and the new rubbers make the G80 look a little more loved.

Re, Andrew Engineering.
Losing Andrew engineering is going to have a great impact upon the supply of many parts to both trade, club and retail customers. They have supplied me with plenty of parts over the past few years, always given good service and will be sorely missed. However, I do wish Malcolm and Joan well and a happy retirement. :beer: