Security

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Harry44

Security

Post by Harry44 »

Bought me one of these, its easy to use and reasonably secure. You could of course de-adjust the brake cable but it would slow them down a bit.

si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
Mick D

Re: Security

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Surely it locks the throttle too

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Oh dear, some riders that fit oil taps forget to turn them on. Maybe they will also fit the lock and forget to also have the key to unlock it.
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

It doesn't actually lock the throttle but makes it difficult to get your hand on it. You'd have to get it off to ride the bike. But a large number of bikes are just pushed away, sometimes using a twist and go moped as propulsion. So holding the brake on makes that impossible.

I always keep locks locked so that you need the key to put it on the bike in the first place. A very large proportion of my AA work was key related, either keys locked in a car or lost, as a result I have OCD about keys. :lol:
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

It's inexpensive and easy to put in your pocket - a much lighter option than a quality chain and padlock. Must be worth it even if only as an extra deterrant. I haven't seen these before but I'm sure they will sell a lot of them. Cheers. Bruce.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There is a warning not to carry the product in your pocket.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Rob Harknett wrote:There is a warning not to carry the product in your pocket.
Good spot Rob! Cheers. Bruce.
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

Rob Harknett wrote:Oh dear, some riders that fit oil taps forget to turn them on. Maybe they will also fit the lock and forget to also have the key to unlock it.
In the early 70s before steering wheel locks were a standard fitting, my neighbour Sam rolled his brand new car down the hill slightly with no key in the ignition to let his wife out of the drive and put it in the ditch. Even more embarrassing as his occupation was chauffeur.
clive

Post by clive »

Interesting this item is now out of stock. I work on the principal of having a rusty bike covered in oil that only an idiot would want to own. Bicycle cable lock lets you leave the full face helmet with the bike too. Works for me.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:Interesting this item is now out of stock. I work on the principal of having a rusty bike covered in oil that only an idiot would want to own. Bicycle cable lock lets you leave the full face helmet with the bike too. Works for me.
Or paint them Orange :lol:
Roy