Flip front crash helmets

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
ajscomboman

Re: Flip front crash helmets

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:I've not had much trouble in the way of wind noise except on the BM where the wind rolled of the top of the screen which was right in the helmet line.
No-one enjoys riding behind Roy.
Naughty, very naughty but oh so true! If he's not venting he's leaking, all over my new Rukkas as well!!!! Still I suppose oil is a waterproofing of sorts. :rofl: :rofl:
Janet

Post by Janet »

ajscomboman wrote: you could try a Schuberth C3, never got on with them but the wife loves hers.
She loves you too, so that's no recommendation. :rofl:
Janet

Post by Janet »

I've never had a flip front helmet but the most important thing, as with any helmet, is that it must fit properly.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Janet wrote:
ajscomboman wrote: you could try a Schuberth C3, never got on with them but the wife loves hers.
She loves you too, so that's no recommendation. :rofl:
:shock: :shock: :D
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:I've not had much trouble in the way of wind noise except on the BM where the wind rolled of the top of the screen which was right in the helmet line.
No-one enjoys riding behind Roy.
Naughty, very naughty but oh so true! If he's not venting he's leaking, all over my new Rukkas as well!!!! Still I suppose oil is a waterproofing of sorts. :rofl: :rofl:
This time I have a New Shoei for the Poland trip !! well new to me and only one previous owner ;)
Roy
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Thanks for the info and tips everyone. I have narrowed it down to the Shoei, Schuberth and Nolan in that order. I found a Youtube link on comparisons and the Shoei is the heaviest - about a pound more than the lightest which is the Schuberth.
I will weigh my open face Shoei to get an idea how much heavier the new one will be.
I have found a site in Denmark who sell the Shoei for about £430 so that may be the way to go.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Hi Jim. I'm also in the market for a flip face helmet. I can't see any mention of the Nolan in this post. Which model of Nolan is that please? Cheers. Bruce.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

I've found the Shark Evoline series pretty good, comfortable, quiet and not too heavy - comes with a sun visor and can also be used as open face.
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

I changed from a Nolan full face for the Shoei Neotec and have found it very comfortable and the fit is superb. I always ride with the visor slightly open so can't really comment on wind noise. Do visit your local bike shop and see if they will discount - most will to some degree, both my brother and I paid far less than the RRP and you should be able to get one for less than £400.
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

thornebt wrote:Hi Jim. I'm also in the market for a flip face helmet. I can't see any mention of the Nolan in this post. Which model of Nolan is that please? Cheers. Bruce.
Hi Bruce. It is the Nolan N104 EVO. I saw in on a youtube review by Revzilla. I have had a quick look and it may not be available in the UK but is available at fc-moto.de as is the Shoei at a discounted price.

Thanks Reynard, I will ring a few local dealers and see what the prices are.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.