Motorcycle delivery & collection

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
petemark

Post by petemark »

Hi
If you need a machine delivered or collected I have found this company to be very reliable & reasonably priced.
Motorcycle Delivery UK
tel (24hrs) 07956592177
freephone(24hrs)0800 118 27 11
They are based at Rotheram yorks, they guarentee to collect & deliver your bike within 10 days, next day delivery is available but
of course much more expensive, just before xmas I purchased a G3
from a club member in Sheffield, despite the awful weather they
delivered the bike, spare engine, gearbox, and 2 box's of parts to
Torquay for £120.00, it would have cost me that to hire a trailer plus petrol & a meal.
Highly recommended
orbinrangle

Post by orbinrangle »

Hope they're better than the supposed professional plonkers that delivered my 18S a couple of years ago. I used the services of a company recommended by the dealer I bought the bike from and quite frankly it would have been better loaded by the PG Tips chimps. There was damage to the tank and a panel as well as the grips.
It's good to see a recommendation from a member, could do with a bit more of this sort of thing.
R J Rawle
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

I haven't used them myself, but www.lightweightmovers.co.uk have been highly recommended to me. The owner is a motorcyclist himself and has plenty of experience in transporting bikes, charging an hourly rate. He'll also carry other stuff by van.
ianselva

Post by ianselva »

I sold my Triumph to a guy in Ghent in Belgium and Mototrans (Kent) delivered it door to door in all the snow for £200 plus Vat. It is run by ex racer Chas Mortimer.