Insurance

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
ghost123uk

Insurance

Post by ghost123uk »

I too am with Peter James and found them to be very friendly and efficient (unlimited mileage, agreed value on a G12 = £79 by the way)

quote:
The real joy of being with Peter James is that they answer the phone within 3-4 rings and you get a real, very helpful and efficient, human voice! You can't put a price on that. Does wonders for the blood pressure!

Totally agree there
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John, with a G12, near Chester in the UK
poplargreg

Insurance

Post by poplargreg »

Just got my renewal from Footman James for two bikes, G3 and 883 Sportster. This is £201, £20 up on last year.

Following all the recommendations, I got a quote from Peter James. The best they can offer is £270.

This is club member, 65 years old, no claim ever made in my life, one speeding ticket three years ago for 36mph. The member of staff I spoke to was very helpful, but said that the F-J quote is very good and she doubted anyone could better it.

Are they becoming expensive, F-J generous or doesn't my face fit for some reason?
bunners

Insurance

Post by bunners »

Well I dont know where you guys get some of your figures from but I have just opened my renewal from Footman James and it has increased by the horrendous amount of 63 pence, yes thats right 63 PENCE, thats for five bikes, 2 X Bonneville, 1 X Speed Twin, 1 X BSA, 1 X G3L, fully comp, legal protection, agreed value, etc etc, £130.22
If there is life after Death whats the point of dying in the first place.
poplargreg

Insurance

Post by poplargreg »

quote:
Well I dont know where you guys get some of your figures from

The insurance companies
rex.webb

Insurance

Post by rex.webb »

I will be on the Case in the morning asap .
Ride with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bikes and Scooters.
Insured with Peter James.
r w webb
crawsue

Insurance

Post by crawsue »

Just renewed today with C-N, G80,Bonneville T100 and 1050 Sprint ST,£280.00, ...£5.00 cheaper than last year.I did get a quote of £274 from Saga,but didn't think it worth changing for £6.A very friendly lass at Peter James quoted over £340. Car insurance up next week,will see if I can add it to the C-N multibike.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
bunners

Insurance

Post by bunners »

What I meant to say populargreg was, I dont know where they get some of the figures from for you guys, I should not have gone to the pub with the VMCC at lunch time it makes my key board dyslexic, but the figure I gave was correct £130.22 and 63 PENCE dearer than last year.
It also covers UK & European breakdown recovery, personal injury as the reult of raod rage or car jacking.
The Insurer is stated as Royal & Sun Alliance
If there is life after Death whats the point of dying in the first place.
rex.webb

Insurance

Post by rex.webb »

Good morning Folk,s out there .
Just had a long talk with a Senior member of
Peter James Staff.They agree that
" ALL " there quotes cannot be lower than other Insurance providers.
BUT Classic Cars and Bikes are there speciallity.
NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caroll Nash is to be taken over AGAIN !!
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bikes and Scooters.
Insured with Peter James.
r w webb
poplargreg

Insurance

Post by poplargreg »

quote:
They agree that
" ALL " there quotes cannot be lower than other Insurance providers.

Thanks Rex - it's probably because there is a modern bike in the list, bumping up the premium. Serves me right!
laxy

Insurance

Post by laxy »

the moral of the story, sell the harley and enjoy cheap insurance.Received my renewal today from p.j. £79.31 for three classics fully comp,unlimited miles,breakdown recovery,including Europe,agreed value plus legal protection.Note!! I dont know if this is in common with other policies but Im not insured to ride bikes not owned by me.Something worth remembering if you are thinking of test riding a bike with a view to purchasing or simply out for a plod about with a mate and swap bikes for a few miles for comparison.I will enquire when I phone up to renew about the cost of adding this option to the policy if its possible and post back with my findings