Superb quality Smiths cables

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
GSAX1

Post by GSAX1 »

I can warmly recommend Vintage British Cables in Canada for superb quality replica Smiths tacho and speedo cables. The cable I recieved from them is a true copy of the original and the best I've ever seen. The crimping is much better than the usual hexagonal one seen on inferior types, and according to them made using ORIGINAL SMITHS Equipment, Presses and Dies.

MichaelEdited by - GSAX1 on 20 Sep 2011 3:59:41 PM
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I found a company in New Zealand very good but have not got the name at hand.
I got a btach of prewar cables made for gearbox drive. The cables had a spade casting on the end. ( the spade fitting in a slot of the speedo drive in the gearbox.)
This company modified that end to a squared cable end to which the spade casting was attached. Making it removeable, so a replacement cable would be much easier to make. A Brit company refused to make them for me as they were for AJS ( long story ) The New Zealand company had them in my hands 2 weeks after sending drawing and even with higher postage cost came out cheaper.