bike bench

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
boz

bike bench

Post by boz »

Hi.Could somebody please recomend the best hydraulic bike bench to buy.I want to get a good strong one that will take the weight of a G80S and a G3L (not both together) one has center stand the other has rear stand.I have seen some that are for center stand only.Any advice would be great. Thanks.....
laxy

bike bench

Post by laxy »

Hi Boz, I bought a clarke bench from machine mart about 3 yrs ago.Fantastic bit of kit.Avaliable in different sizes the large one retails at about £350.Fully hydraulic, removable trap door for dropping the wheel out,mounted on wheels so you can move it about easily,front wheel clamp and tie down points to secure the bike.They dont even take up any room because the bike can be parked on the ramp in the lowered position.Wait for the VAT sale and save yourself 20%
dave66

bike bench

Post by dave66 »

I bought a hydraulic work bench from machine mart type CML3 a bit exspensive but I don't know how I managed without one, very well built and will handle centre and rear stands with ease. - Dave.
GOLDSTAR

bike bench

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I have a couple of the original type benches that kinda move forward when raised, they take up considerable room, if you can, get a scissors type it will raise in its own length, a friend of mine has such it has held a 750 Honda with no trouble, kind regards
Tony W

bike bench

Post by Tony W »

I had the type of bench like the Clarke and other types they all work well but you can only push them forwards and backwards and its a pain pumping it up with your leg. I wanted something better so I made my own converting a electric/hydraulic hospital bed its fantastic rubber tyres on the wheels a foot brake,you can push forwards/backwards but better still side to side. Up and down by a button using your foot also a hand held controle panel.Its a great bit of kit, I could have sold it many times. Old hospital beds are about if you see one have a go.
Rob Harknett

bike bench

Post by Rob Harknett »

yep an old hospital bed is what I have , really a bit too wide. But, just bolt on a couple bits of 4 x 2" about 2 foot apart, plank out the middle and cut off the bits of bed not wanted. Leave in the pull out bit for bed linen / bed making, makes a handy pull out table for tools and bits. A couple of eye bolts in the 4x2 if you want to strp the bike down for saftey. You'll need a ramp. .Beware that one lever will pump up the bed, the other will tip it side ways. Which is handy if you get fed up with the bike. Also great the have when her indoors says why dont you take your bed out in the garage. Reply, I already have luv, so just send in the nurse. ( then start running )Edited by - Rob Harknett on 07 May 2012 8:55:59 PM
uktom77

bike bench

Post by uktom77 »

Have you considered an 'Easy rizer'? Amazingly sturdy and space saving if you're lacking. Search for them on YouTube for a video. Not cheap mind!
Crafty

bike bench

Post by Crafty »

Why not make your own bespoke version ?
See Jampot Mag feb 2011.
Drawings are available from designer
Crafty