Yorkshire section

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Yorkshire section

Post by 56G80S »

Always ready to stir the pot, I note that there's no Yorkshire section in the list.

Many years ago I rode down to Otley (60 odd miles away) and then went on a run out! Ride back was fun in the dark with failing dynamo and candlepower lights.

Has the section expired?

Maybe I'll have to ride down to Driffield (for East Yorks ) sure the last time I went to that section (also many long years ago) it was at Beverley.

Now the Darts and Pool seasons are coming to an end I could maybe substitute motorcycling. Perhaps there are others in the North East who'd fancy a meet somewhere - say Whitby a bit over 30 miles for me so up for that and then a run out?

Or Durham, only about 35 miles or so for me so also happy to run out from there?

Can't say I find Darlington much of a destination venue...............................................................?

Johnny B
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Yorkshire section

Post by Eamonn »

56G80S wrote:Always ready to stir the pot, I note that there's no Yorkshire section in the list.
Sections areas within the Forum are created as and when someone:
a) requests it
b) volunteers to administer that area of the Forum

The main section information is published on the main website at www.jampot.com/sections.asp as well as on the (inside) back page of the Jampot magazine

Can I expect a volunteer in the near future....
:)
Corners like a Lego man
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Hi John, according to the Sections page in the Jampot the Yorkshire Section meets on the second Tuesday at the Gildersome Conservative Club, Street Lane, Gildersome. LS27 7HX.
MikeM, Surrey.
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

Johhny b, make a note in your diary for the TYMC Durham Dales Run, 2nd weekend in June I think, it starts from Bowes Museum, a 100 mile ride along quiet roads, lunch included for a very modest fee, let me know if you fancy it and i will pass on address for entry form..
Janet

Post by Janet »

Having recently attempted to contact all section reps to confirm that the details in the Jampot and on the website are accurate. I can confirm those for the Yorkshire Section are correct. They are still alive but numbers attending meetings are lower than in the past. They don't put anything in Section Notes because they don't have a scribe to write it but they do meet up regularly and have occasional rides out.

John, Nick Campbell, the rep for East Yorkshire Section, lives at Ugglebarnby, which is a few miles south of Whitby so perhaps it would be worth your while contacting him as he's not very far away. If you'd managed to get to last year's Jampot Rally, you would have found him camped next to our tent. Another one residing even closer to you, somewhere around the coastal part of old Cleveland is Barry Willoughby.

Regarding the EY previous meeting places, they've not been in Beverley during the time since I joined the club, which was in 1996. I don't know about before then.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Missed you last night at the start of the Westward Ho! Janet.
MikeM
Janet

Post by Janet »

That's because I wasn't there. :( On Thursday, Glyn had a short notice appointment for an angiogram and possible angioplasty on Thursday so I let Carol and Steve know we wouldn't be going to the WWHo because, if the consultant decided Glyn needed the latter, we wouldn't know what state he would be in on Friday. The plan had been to guide Drew driving the breakdown vehicle along the route so didn't want to leave it until the last moment so an alternative arrangement could be made. As it happened, the angiogram showed the problem still in his coronary microvascular arteries so a change of drugs and no stent for him and we could have gone. However, I don't like on-off-on-off things so we stayed at home.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

"in the Jampot" - that's where I went wrong. I have several copies of the Jampot unopened as I seem to have less time than ever to read them properly - although it's always a pleasure when I do.

Janet - good to hear that no operation required for Glyn. On a positive note about three years ago my older brother had 7 stents fitted in a 7 hour op and is fine. There's little chance of even setting off for the IJR this year and the Alternative clashes with something else I had committed to but expect to be at the Jampot. It would all be easier if the three "kids" weren't still at home. Perhaps it's my memory failing, but this would've been in the early 1980's

Bart - Thanks, I know Teedale and Wear Valley quite well. I need to check out my work calendar as am also thinking about a run up into Scotland.

Thanks all.

Johnny B
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Sorry to hear of Glyn's woes Janet, given him our good wishes from the Surrey Old Gits. MikeM
Expat

Post by Expat »

MikeM. wrote:Sorry to hear of Glyn's woes Janet, given him our good wishes from the Surrey Old Gits. MikeM
Same here Janet. Don't like to hear of anybody having these issues hanging over them.
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)