Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
robcurrie

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by robcurrie »

quizmaster wrote: Incidentally I got a notification on the screen that my entry had been sent for checking. Is this new? If not those who email to say their entry has not appeared in the winners enclosure would be advised to ensure they get this notification. Happy quizzing.
The notification had always been there since I have been doing the quiz.

Rob C
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

quizmaster wrote: If not those who email to say their entry has not appeared in the winners enclosure would be advised to ensure they get this notification. Happy quizzing.
Get the notification but the spam fairies still seem to run off with my entry every now and then.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Duncan wrote:
quizmaster wrote: If not those who email to say their entry has not appeared in the winners enclosure would be advised to ensure they get this notification. Happy quizzing.
Get the notification but the spam fairies still seem to run off with my entry every now and then.
Are they related to the fairies who run off with my winning rosettes at rallies and shows?
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Duncan wrote:
Never mind Duncan at least it got through last week (mind you only in the last hour perhaps timing is your problem) and you are the only person who was correct so will have the winners enclosure all to yourself. In fact I will authorise it now so you can revel in the glory.

Edit. Ah well it seems I am getting above my station and cannot authorise the reveal early, you will have to wait until 6 pm tonight. Computers huh!
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

It never ceases to surprise me which of the photos I put up proves hard to get. This week's pic is of a part fitted to most (but not all) heavyweight singles and twins as well as many lightweights so you have probably seen it. 13 1/2 hours to go and only three correct answers so far. Don't assume what you cannot see is really there!
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

I must be a bit daft but I cannot find the quiz! Where is the photo please? Cheers. Bruce.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Here is this week's. http://www.jampot.com/IdentifyPart.asp You'll have to wait until after 6pm today to see the photo the quizmaster was referring to yesterday.

For future reference, you need to go the the main homepage www.jampot.com, look along the top for the menu named 'club', click on that and then on 'quiz'.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

thornebt wrote:Where is the photo please?
Herr Flick.jpg

"Be kviet Schmallhausen, zer Kvizzmeister is asking zer kvestions".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Thanks Spriddler for your support, as to this week's quiz PLEASE NOTE THE QUESTION I AM ASKING! Immediately below the picture is the question " what is special about this lightweight barrel " so far I have had only two entries both telling me it's a lightweight barrel :headbang:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Off travelling again. The quiz is all loaded but marking the answers will depend on Internet access, so if you answer late in the week it may take a day or two for your correct answer to appear in the winners enclosure. Back in time for the Alternative.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"