Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by quizmaster »

21 correct entries so far this week, hope I am not making it too easy, pictures are loaded for the next few weeks but I might have to make them harder in the future. Pleased so many of you are having a go.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Some did need help :o
Roy

Post by 1608 »

I think Roy should be disqualified for entering twice!
Anyway, I have an item that I would like identified but, I'm afraid I don't think it is AMC, is that permisable. I believe it is a gearbox part.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Prompting, not so much in the way of help if you don't mind. :oops:
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

well if you are helping(prompting) each other i will have to try much harder, wait til week 52
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

John 1608, I have been thinking of the same approach with some of the parts I cannot identify. Trouble is I have to enter the answer when I upload the picture! I couldn't disqualify Roy as I am sure he could track me down through his contacts and I would be afeared of the retribution.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Colin F

Post by Colin F »

quizmaster wrote: I have been thinking of the same approach with some of the parts I cannot identify. Trouble is I have to enter the answer when I upload the picture!
Would it work with an unknown part, if we were told to enter something like "nut" in the box then our ideas on what the item is in the comments box? Then every answer would be "right" and everybody who entered would be shown as correctly answered and show up on the winners list and a page on the forum used to sort out who was really right!
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Well Colin we could approach it it the way you suggest however couldn't the person with the part to be identified just start a thread with a picture in it and ask for suggestions? As I have loaded quiz pictures to the end of January (and don't seem to be able to change the picture) there would be quite a delay if we did it through the quiz.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Oh yes and this week's picture has only had one correct answer so far. Would Quizers please note that I have asked you to identify the part AND the make. (part number optional!)
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

still getting lots of guesses that don't identify the make so correct answers are still rare
"Hi-yo Silver and away"