Burman BAP gearbox.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Seldal

Burman BAP gearbox.

Post by Seldal »

Hello. I am restoring a 1951 Ajs18cs with Burman BAP gearbox. Where can I find any parts for that box?I need the fourth gear and some small parts. Can't find anything at amoc or ebay. Will Burman Ba, Cp or b 52 parts fit? Thanks for all help.
Don Madden

Re: Burman BAP gearbox.

Post by Don Madden »

The BAP Buman was used on larger Arials, including the square four. The cases are different but internals the same. Don.
Seldal

Post by Seldal »

Ok,thanks. So only BA parts will fit if I understand it correct?
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

clive

Post by clive »

Don Madden wrote:The BAP Buman was used on larger Arials, including the square four. The cases are different but internals the same. Don.
Not sure the internals are the same, mine has a lager diameter drive shaft and consequently all the gears in that shaft have a different size too. I think this version was used on the square 4. Meant I could not use it for the internals I needed for a cp box.

Draganfly motors have pretty much cornered the market on spares for the Burman boxes.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Russell Motors also have parts for CP Burman. For BA I think not.
I managed to source a range of parts for a G80 CP gearbox refurbishment with Les Myers at Russell Motors.
Sam
577typhoon

Post by 577typhoon »

I have a part restored G3LCS with BAP gearbox. The same box was fitted to Panthers and Vincent Comets. It seems to me that it is basically a beefed up CP box and no parts are interchangeable.
raffles

Post by raffles »

why not contact the vincent owners spares at kettering and talk to them
Tony
Seldal

Post by Seldal »

Thanks folks. I finally found the parts I need at Draganfly. Expensive but great quality.
Alpine1965

Post by Alpine1965 »

Hi all
I hope this belated reply might get a response .....it's a case of me too - looking for BAP bits more specifically a mainshaft . I would really like to keep my 51 AJS 18CS as original as possible .
I've attached a pic of what I think is the correct mainshaft and would like someone to confirm if it is the correct mainshaft .
The pic includes measurements ( I must admit not exactly precision - but I think good enough for an ID).
So if any one has any leads or info to help me obtain a good mainshaft and subject to the example in the pic confirmed as correct then would be over the moon.
Many thanks for any info .
Cheers
Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.