🏍 BIKE DOLLY 🏍

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
1957M30

Re: 🏍 BIKE DOLLY 🏍

Post by 1957M30 »

crackon wrote:Did you have to post that?
I'm now orf to the workshop to dig through the scrap bin.

Scrap bin......❗️❗️❗️

You'd have to be a scrap metal merchant to have bar that size.....😜❗️
Ride Safe & don'wear beige :lol:
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

🗣 Happy Woman's Day.......🎈🎉🎈
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

leswaller wrote:Alternatively get a scaffolding plank from your local building supplies merchant and cut it down to just longer than your bike then mount a lazy susan on it. I got one these below and it works well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-300mm-Heav ... Sw8w1YAJNf

Thanks Les

Now.......using a lazy Susan is a great idea....... I never thought they would carry such heavy loads 👍

I could always lookout for one of these :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

You may need to consider space you have available. A lazy Susan would need to be in the centre of approx. 8 foot square. Can they be braked to stop them turning when working on the bike?
The Castor trolley I have turns, and can be braked. It will also move on the garage floor. When not working on the bike, it can be moved, to only take the space of a parked bike in the garage, approx. 8' x 2'. I do not need 8' x 8' turning circle a Lazy Susan needs, I just pull the trolley away from the wall to get the other side. Just push it back against the wall again when not working on the bike.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Lazy Susan is all I need as I just want to turn the bike around rather like a train turntable so that when I ride it to where it's parked
I can turn it easily ready to point in the ride out direction.

Thanks for your input Rob
Btw..... Are you at the Goat this evening ❓
The suns out and I may ride up wife wifey this evening 🏍💨
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Not at The Goat tonight, the Goat is first Thurs of the month. Consider that section inactive.
Tonight is E. London & Essex section meet at Stappleford Tawney airfield. About 3 miles east of Abridge on A113. I will be there tonight. Come along in your car, most others do this time of year.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

One Bike Turntable rated at 500kg assembled and now in use, I may round the checkerplate to suit the lazy susan diameter at a later date.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

1957M30 wrote:One Bike Turntable rated at 500kg assembled and now in use, I may round the checkerplate to suit the lazy susan diameter at a later date.
I know what you mean. It just seems correct to have a round checkerplate on a turntable! Cheers. Bruce.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

1957M30 wrote:One Bike Turntable rated at 500kg assembled and now in use, I may round the checkerplate to suit the lazy susan diameter at a later date.

Turntable is now in full use and saves the Ole Back............ No oil leaks all over the floor either..... :)
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

It's now round after a wizz on the router table 👍👍👍