June's Calendar sheet

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ma120990

June's Calendar sheet

Post by ma120990 »

Hi all, it's that time of the month when I have been busy with papers, colouring pencils scanner and the grey matter...
This month I went for a local show look and decided to use an idea of a young lad, curious about mechanicals only to be whisked away by his prim and proper mumsy afraid of what her little be might be enticed by.. I can think of a few mums like this.. hence the drawing :lol:
As per usual, available from this link: http://www.image-wurkz.co.uk/wp-content ... s/June.pdf
Rob Harknett

Re: June's Calendar sheet

Post by Rob Harknett »

Nice one Mark. At least Mum was watchful. Unlike some, that do not watch their youngest wander through the roped off enclosure. So the poor child gets badly burned grabbing hold of a shiny red hot exhaust pipe.
ma120990

Post by ma120990 »

Ahh yes that's true. :lol: :lol:
bob

Post by bob »

Thanks
Brilliant love it
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

It was years ago I saw the little boy about 3 years old grab the bikes shinny hot exhaust pipe. H & S killed off a lot of steam rallies, as all hot surfaces should be guarded by H & S law. Insurance cover also became difficult. My way, farmers and organisers gave up holding the Steam rally shows. Bikes and cars can be allowed to cool before public are admitted. Steam engines are usually all fired up and working.
ma120990

Post by ma120990 »

That explains why all the static steamers are behind ropes... Helping protect the stupid from themselves and then trying to sue someone for not putting out labels/barriers telling them that steam can be hot! To be honest I don't think I've ever come across any cold steam...!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

:idea:

They're all great and deserve a wider audience than the few on the Forums, so wouldn't it be a good move to print one or perhaps two months at a time - one month on each side of a page of the Jampot for chaps to remove and use?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ma120990 wrote:That explains why all the static steamers are behind ropes... Helping protect the stupid from themselves and then trying to sue someone for not putting out labels/barriers telling them that steam can be hot! To be honest I don't think I've ever come across any cold steam...!
That's the age we live in Mark. You may even find a paper cup carry a warning it could be hot. Or you get served a cold cup of tea in a china cup.
Getting back on topic about your calendar drawings. Re the comment about getting them printed. I did at first suggest, perhaps your drawings could make a calendar. By nothing moved forward with that. Its now too late for 2018 as they need to be available from about August onwards. So it will be no calendar again next year. Unless something is going on I don't know about.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

Rob, see Minutes item 8 (d) of the February Committee Meeting.
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Best one was a bag of peanuts that had on the label "May contain nuts" (OH BOY)