On having 'Senior Moments'...........

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

On having 'Senior Moments'...........

Post by SPRIDDLER »

A couple of weeks ago I rode my Mutchless (adapted for one-armed riding as most folk are aware by now)
with Ray on his 600 G11 twin to the annual 'Day-care Centre Rally' in France; a 4 day gathering in tents of dodgy hips, Pacemakers, slack epiglottis muscles, and 'night-comfort' bottles.
The 90 miles to Dover was a most pleasant and uneventful sunny ride through minor roads and after chatting with half a dozen other motorcyclists at the head of the loading queue we were waved to board and off they went. Ray's 600 roared into life and I pressed the start button on the Mutchless......nothing.....zilch. I twiddled the leads to the starter and waggled a few other wires in uncoordinated panic . Still nothing, so after ten minutes of acute embarrassment: "You carry on, Ray. I'll catch the next ferry when it's sorted". He waited. The cars began to roll past and I paddled the bike to one side.
Just then, Dick, another club pal who had seen the fracas and was travelling by car wandered over and spotted the problem straight away.

Which was? (Scroll down)...........

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Yep. In the kerfuffle of gloves off, helmet off, helmet on, gloves on, and stuffing passport, tickets, and boarding cards into my tank bag I had knocked the (never before used) Kill switch on. Sodding modern technology! I eventually got going just in time to board. :oops:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Re: On having 'Senior Moments'...........

Post by Rob Harknett »

Things are getting too complicated Neville. Alarms, kill switches, ignition switches plus hidden power switches, oil taps etc. I still have bikes that I only need to remember to turn on the petrol to start them. The only problem I have sometimes is finding the bike when I'm out. Then not being able to find it, remember I went out in the car.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Never forgottne where I've left the Matchless, but have often forgotten where the car was.

It is a heck of a rigmarole with security / passport control.

Johnny B
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

I went to see my older brother who is in care yesterday with the full intention of getting a couple of gallons of Esso Supreme in a can for the bikes and also to fill the car up with diesel on my way home. This I did spending the princely sum of just under £40 for the two fuels and trotted into to shop to pay the bill. Imagine my horror and embarrassment when I realised that I had left my wallet at home. I had to fill in a form which even wanted date of birth (why?) giving all details. Needless to say I returned later that evening to pay my dept.
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

The Oxford English Dictionary explains that Senior Moments may also be known as Craft Moments.
Can't Remember A Flipping Thing...
:D
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Craft moment - love it :D - just hope I can remember it in future

Regards Mick