Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
kernow kid

Re: Jampot

Post by kernow kid »

Rob Harknett wrote:This topic now seems to have two members with problems getting their copy of Jampot magazine. Digital or paper?
First you need to remember which membership option you chose.
UK members would have paid £26 for paper copy of Jampot, or £22 for digital copy. The postman deliverers the paper copy of the magazine.
If you op'd for digital copy you have to get it yourself. If you never got the email notification your digital copy is ready to download, or the e mail may had got spamed. You have not missed out or need to wait until next month. At least twice in this topic you have been told to go to " your Library " where you will find the download. Seems this is not understood???? At the website home page hover over "club" in the list shown click on " your library " if you are a digital member you should see your Jampot there waiting for you.
Hey Rob, maybe you could drop us all a private message just to let us know when the Jampot is out, with a link to the Library or the name of the postman who should have it in his van? Your conscientious attention to detail and willing and helpful attitude suits the task admirably I think and id expect you might even get a special award....for special people. :)
Regards kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Why not start a monthly topic, next months topic will be July 2017 Jampot. Make it competitive, who will be first to start next months Jampot magazine topic. Maybe there could be comments on " content " perhaps someone will pick up on something another has missed. This may even prove helpful in many ways.
We should all understand, short messages can often get misunderstood. Something we have to live with and tolerate without getting annoyed about it. It is also often difficult to make a reply to a comment or topic. ???? If the reply is very basic, the person making such a reply has no idea if this will be received by the person as something they may be well aware of, or not know about. So it could be received with thanks for the help, or do you think I'm that stupid not to know that. We should not let little things like that bother us.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Rob Harknett wrote:Why not start a monthly topic, next months topic will be July 2017 Jampot. Make it competitive, who will be first to start next months Jampot magazine topic. Maybe there could be comments on " content " perhaps someone will pick up on something another has missed. This may even prove helpful in many ways.
We should all understand, short messages can often get misunderstood. Something we have to live with and tolerate without getting annoyed about it. It is also often difficult to make a reply to a comment or topic. ???? If the reply is very basic, the person making such a reply has no idea if this will be received by the person as something they may be well aware of, or not know about. So it could be received with thanks for the help, or do you think I'm that stupid not to know that. We should not let little things like that bother us.

Do you really think that the current team that produce the Jampot have the time to answer questions on this or will even read such a posting, I don't think so . If you are one of the lucky ones (2,800) to receive the Magazine either by post or digital (700) then consider yourself blessed. If not there is a list of contacts that can help you on page 2 of the magazine.

Oh!!!! Unless Rob you are putting yourself forward to fill the vacant post .
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

What is the vacant post that needs filling?
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Rob it would be a full time Editor.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Not likely Roy, my first job might be to draw up and publish a list of all the postmans names that deliver the magazine. Which may be incomplete and a bit difficult. The person that delivers mail in my area is known by all as " The post Lady " other areas my way the person is known as " The post man "
If anyone does really want to know the actual name of the person that will deliver their Jampot magazine, I can help them. ..... next time the postman comes to your door ask him.

Any vacant jobs and committee positions would only need about 0.0003% of the club membership to fill them. Quite a few could become an editor. They already prove they have the time by editing / proof reading this forum.

If there was a June Jampot topic. Perhaps one of the first comments of its content would be, have you seen / read page 3, " From the outside ", " That time of year again", " we need you "