Wet sump valve

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: Wet sump valve

Post by alanjennings »

Fit a tap then a cutout switch via your magneto- I know by painful experience!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote:What can I say
Much the same as me I expect, but enriched somewhat by your colourful Essex vernacular.

10 miles on my first bike to have an oil tap fitted.................

The tap's body still there (can't be ar*ed to remove it) but I removed its lever around 20,000 miles ago.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Thanks all,

Nev, I swapped from tap to valve as soon as I got the G15...... I don't trust myself, well that and the fact that the lever vibrated off. Guy I bought it off gave me a s/s valve with bike... so far so good, but I do check flow every time I start it.

After speaking to Bob Zwarts I've decided to not bother with a valve/tap on the G3C. Only 'problem' I have now is, as it's fitted with an ali oil tank (between engine plates) you cannot see the oil returning to the tank & I'm not sure what to do about that.

Best,
Peter
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I know even less about vacuum type valves than I do about twins but I do believe that they need priming as the gear type pump on twins won't create a vacuum when running in air rather than oil. But I guess you know that already as your G15 has survived O.K. this far. I think Velocette fitted a vacuum type oil valve as standard.
Peter Morris wrote:it's fitted with an ali oil tank (between engine plates) you cannot see the oil returning to the tank & I'm not sure what to do about that.
Hmm. I suppose you've already considered re-routing the return pipe to make space for a transparent section............? Although from memory I think your elegant machines have sexy s/s braided oil pipes :roll:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Hmm. I suppose you've already considered re-routing the return pipe to make space for a transparent section............? Although from memory I think your elegant machines have sexy s/s braided oil pipes :roll:[/quote]
These sexy pipes are only available form Brentwood by mail order or click and collect most nights :rofl: :rofl:
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote: These sexy pipes are only available form Brentwood by mail order or click and collect most nights :rofl: :rofl:
Ah! So that'll be the kit which includes the oversized self-tapping carb studs.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
G15 Roy wrote: These sexy pipes are only available form Brentwood by mail order or click and collect most nights :rofl: :rofl:
Ah! So that'll be the kit which includes the oversized self-tapping carb studs.
May be but for sale on a different night and a lot cheaper ;)
Roy
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Haha Roy, No braided pipes (Yet), I'm not THAT bad.

I've already spent FAR too much on the rebuild of the G3C, don't tell Christine ;)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Peter Morris wrote:I've already spent FAR too much on the rebuild of the G3C, don't tell Christine ;)
A chap does worry that after he's gone his wife will sell his bikes for what he'd told her they cost him :headbang:
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

A chap does worry that after he's gone his wife will sell his bikes for what he'd told her they cost him :headbang:

WHAT A " WORRY " i better start telling the TRUTH ?
Ride with care annd LIVE LONG
to ENJOY your Motorcycling and Scootering .
r w webb