Matchless Emblem

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
thornebt

Matchless Emblem

Post by thornebt »

I have heard that following the Matchless name being bought out by a company that makes leather jackets etc we now have to display one of these on top of any bikes that bear a Matchless emblem. I bought my wife a PVC jacket from the local charity shop and she laid on top of my G80 but I'm not getting the same effect.

Just out of interest has the AJS name been bought by anyone yet?

Cheers. Bruce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stuoyb

Re: Matchless Emblem

Post by Stuoyb »

It was bought many years ago by the late "Fluff Brown" so he could continue to sell his Stormer models.
His son Nick Brown, now sells various AJS branded models as well as the Cadwell as advertised in Jampot
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

he, he, the question to be asked. 'how long have you had the wife and what kind of effect did you expect?' :o kind regards
Janet

Post by Janet »

Roy Bellett displayed one of those on his bike.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

GOLDSTAR wrote:he, he, the question to be asked. 'how long have you had the wife and what kind of effect did you expect?' :o kind regards
I have been with my long suffering wife for over thirty years. I get your point. Even though she does look a bit like Kate Moss I can't expect the same effect with a PVC donkey jacket up against a Matchless designer leather jacket.

Cheers. Bruce.

P.S. I lied. She doesn't really look like Kate Moss - except in the dark. She's nice though!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

thornebt wrote:I have heard that following the Matchless name being bought out by a company that makes leather jackets etc we now have to display one of these on top of any bikes that bear a Matchless emblem. I bought my wife a PVC jacket from the local charity shop and she laid on top of my G80 but I'm not getting the same effect.

Just out of interest has the AJS name been bought by anyone yet?

Cheers. Bruce.
The last time my wife tried to get on a bike wearing a little skirt like that, she slipped off the back and got wedged between the bike and the wall, with her legs stuck up in the air. She had to stay there until the lads stopped laughing and lifted her out.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Janet wrote:Roy Bellett displayed one of those on his bike.
i have a full promotion pack of that photo session very nice photos. :o
Roy