Disappearing advert

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
pecon

Disappearing advert

Post by pecon »

I placed an advert yesterday in the wanted section and I know that it did go up as one member commented on it but today when I went to revise it I could no longer find it. I checked my adverts in my profile and it showed none listed. Any thoughts on what might have happened?.

Peter
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Disappearing advert

Post by Eamonn »

Peter, you placed an advert in the Wanted section on the Forum - it's still there....

There is a separate area for adverts that get placed into the Club magazine (and on the main club website) and since you haven't placed an advert in that section, you get the message you report.

So in summary there are two areas for placing adverts:
1) In the club magazine where he advert will reach all 3,500+ members once the magazine is published
or
2) In the special Forum area which will only be seen by club members who use the Forum

The benefit of the 2nd option is that you can include pictures and potential purchasers can converse with you (on the Forum) about the parts for sale.

Hope that helps!
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Its still on the forum, but not yet seen under adverts section. Perhaps this needs to be done by our adverts manager Clive. Clive is also a committee member and does other club work. So this does demand a lot of his free time. Please be patient. If we had more volunteers to fill vacant places, life would be much easier for those doing several things for the club. Your advert also appeared on the forum at about the same time the Jampot magazine for Sept was being collated. So your advert will not appear in next months Jampot magazine. Anyway , by now you have probably done as I suggested and found the part wanted. Ah I noticed Eamonn has given you a more detailed response.
pecon

Post by pecon »

Many thanks Eamonn. I didn't realise that there were two seperate adverts sections. :oops: Thought that I had done something stupid.
clive

Post by clive »

pecon wrote:Many thanks Eamonn. I didn't realise that there were two seperate adverts sections. :oops: Thought that I had done something stupid.
Pecon when you placed your forum wanted ad the following would have appeared above the page as you typed your entry in

"Forum rules
This section is available for any club member to enquire about items wanted for machines of the marque in a format that allows the placing of photos and discussion about the item or for questions to be raised.
It should be noted that the adverts will not appear in the Jampot magazine and that currently the forum is used by a minority of the membership.
For an advert to appear in the Jampot magazine and on the Adverts pages of the website please go to the website homepage, adverts, place an advert (http://www.jampot.com/adverts.asp). Members may advertise in both places. Trade advertisements are not permitted here."

regards Clive Adverts Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix