robcurrie wrote:Clarified or rectified?
Thought that was butter????????? :beer:
Chemists do it with test tubes
Expat

Re: Cheap speedometer accuracy

Post by Expat »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Janet wrote: Was it in a vegetable bed?
It might've been but I couldn't see very clearly due the eye drops after my op for a detached rectum.

( :oops: the 'off topic' police will be after me now).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
g5wqian

Post by g5wqian »

very interesting .
i bought some cheap speedo and tachos from india to play with and for a purely functional point of view they are usefull .

my main interest was in the tachometers for a project i have , you can buy these in either m12x1 thread as is the norm for a lot of smiths kit or in m18 thread like royal enfields have these days .

i have tried the replica chrono tacho against a magnetic type smiths tacho and there is no real difference much , the replica chrono tacho is a little dampened on it needle action versus the smiths "bouncy " action .

i have a 2 stroke twin that i setup a tacho drive on using a smiths tacho drive gearbox direct from the crank and then a tacho cable made to length from gaggs in england , the tacho is a 2=1 ratio .

obviously a genuine chrono is what id like at some point , but for setting up and testing purposes you cant go wrong with these replica versions .

its nice to see some of what is available from india because it keeps manufacturing alive and without that we would surely be stuck for alternative parts to keep our gear running .

its a pity this country has gone downhill in manufacturing so much over the years and most people have given up doing that kind of work .

i keep going but when im gone all the skills will probably go with me .
shifter

Post by shifter »

I have Indian replica speedometers with the 12x1 standard cable fitting on my model 20 and c11g for quite some time now covering los of miles with no problems at all. They both read a little high but I think that's a good thing as I recall I think I paid £7.50 each including delivery so definitely not expensive against the original chronometric's but then again not as good either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?