Brighton Ace cafe Burn up day

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
g80csp11

Brighton Ace cafe Burn up day

Post by g80csp11 »

Thanks to everyone that supported the section at the Brighton burn up day on the 10th September
We had the club raffle bikes and display equipment for the day . Early start while the weather was good
£716-00 in ticket sales with a Stirling effort by the section members
the sectioned engine were a bonus , especially seeing a few dads telling their boys how an engine works!

Rain eventually by about 4pm , and the wind picking up . We managed to get the section marquee down before it took off .
Peter Morris

Re: Brighton Ace cafe Burn up day

Post by Peter Morris »

£716 ticket sales not to shabby, especially considering to lower public turnout this year. :)
KeithMeadmore

Post by KeithMeadmore »

Certainly the public footprint was down on last year obviously because of the weather, but organisers have now told me the total number of bikers still numbered 25,000+ on the day which I recon is about right. Not the record of course, but a respectable number of bikers nonetheless. A good turnout also from other OCs. Our thanks also especially to Tony Smith for bringing down the raffle bikes, section engines and all the other equipment from Kettering in the AJS van.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

On average nearly 2.9% of ticket sales per visitor . I think we generally sold mostly single tickets rather than complete books
how does that compare to other shows ?
Well worth doing the day even if we only covered our costs , which of course we far exceeded