advice sought

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
hunter

advice sought

Post by hunter »

I have received from dvla a v5c correctly adressed with correct
post code with someone elses name and a vehicle not known to me.
Question is what to do , bin it saying nothing, ring dvla. Thanks for any advice.Cheers Hunter
clive

Re: advice sought

Post by clive »

ring DVLA sounds like a scam and you will get the fines, parking tickets etc next
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

I would send it back to DVLA with a letter explaining that this vehicle is nothing to do with you and you have no idea who the other person is. Before the V5C goes back copy it. Paul
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

photocopy both V5c and letter before sending them to DVLA. kind regards
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

I agree with Goldstar. DVLA are quick to send £1000 fines out, so make sure you cover your back and photocopy everything. I know from experience.
A simple covering letter should sort it, but it could take 6 months to clear out of the system.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

alanengineer wrote:I agree with Goldstar. DVLA are quick to send £1000 fines out, so make sure you cover your back and photocopy everything. I know from experience.
A simple covering letter should sort it, but it could take 6 months to clear out of the system.
Not only DVLA quick sending out fines. Dartford crossing quick doing the same. I had a motor cycling friend visit me from overseas. I paid Dart Charge online for two crossings at £2.50p = £5. They sent him a fine for not paying???? They had billed him class B for one crossing which was correct at £2.50p the second crossing they billed him class C at £3. As that made him 50p short they sent him a fine not paying. As soon as I checked I saw this error. This seems to suggest the auto tolls are not always correct and fines are automatically sent out without checking for errors.
ma120990

Post by ma120990 »

Yeah I got a Dart charge for apparently using my 38 ton articulated AJS 18..!!! When I quizzed it with them they could see the ANPR thingy had missread the truck plate. Kept a copy of it mind just in case.. :lol:
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

Happened to me but I recognised the name (living about 3 miles away). She was wondering what had happened to her log book, left with her to sort out. Seems to be a common problem.