bike transportation (best van for the job)

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: bike transportation (best van for the job)

Post by ajscomboman »

Janet wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:
Duncan wrote:That's the great thing with this club, everyone is entitle to their own opinion, no matter how wrong they may be :roll:
Quite true Duncan, I'm still amazed that it's always the same person who's wrong though and doesn't seem to realise it! :roll:
Oi! I was right once.

Talking of vans, will you be providing the recovery service for the WWHo! this year? I like to book my place early. :rofl:
And what makes you think I was referring to your good self, guilt? No it wasn't you. :D Sadly I'll not be able to do the breakdown this year as I'll just be returning from holiday and will be short time, not to mention finances.
Janet

Post by Janet »

ajscomboman wrote:
Janet wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Quite true Duncan, I'm still amazed that it's always the same person who's wrong though and doesn't seem to realise it! :roll:
Oi! I was right once.

Talking of vans, will you be providing the recovery service for the WWHo! this year? I like to book my place early. :rofl:
And what makes you think I was referring to your good self, guilt? No it wasn't you. :D Sadly I'll not be able to do the breakdown this year as I'll just be returning from holiday and will be short time, not to mention finances.
Oh no! That means I may have to ride all the way to the hotel and home again.
Janet

Post by Janet »

MikeM. wrote:The last International I rode to was in 2004 when I was a mere 68, since then I have trailered to all the Jampots I have attended and camped (try carrying a five man tent on your carrier), I have though ridden to several Alternatives as a day visitor since then and a couple of times have covered up to 200 miles which included the Saturday run during the day. After a lot of thought and maths I have decided not to do this year's International due to the total cost of the event being more than £1000 for the three day event. However I hope to be at the HoE Jampot and go as a day visitor to the East Berks Alternative.
MikeM.
Mike, you don't need to defend yourself. I hope I will still be able to ride when I'm 82. Remember this? Your last WWHo! ride in 2012. You come into view at 5.06 minutes, having just overtaken me. Oh the shame of it, being passed by an oap who was stoically riding with a broken ankle. :oops:
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

A lot of people remember me more for the time I filled the Greeves petrol tank up with diesel in the small hours of the morning when riding it in the Westward Ho! A certain Bob Piper distracted me as I was picking up the fuel hose😤
Janet

Post by Janet »

I know. That was the year I melted Vesta's electrics. :oops:
Janet

Post by Janet »

I know. That was the year I fell off (again) and later melted Vesta's electrics. :oops: