Mystery Crank Nut

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Re: Mystery Crank Nut

Post by Janet »

Rob Harknett wrote:If the 000233 nuts supplied by club spares, were the wrong dimension for the part number. Perhaps the club will confirm this and with draw them
They will if someone tells them.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Janet wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:If the 000233 nuts supplied by club spares, were the wrong dimension for the part number. Perhaps the club will confirm this and with draw them
They will if someone tells them.
The person asking the question claims crank pin nuts supplied by the club will not fit his crank pin which he claims is correct. I question if the crankpin is actually correct. I would have thought, if the nuts supplied by the club were not correct, some one would have already made the club aware. It is advised crank pin nuts should not be re used, so sales must be quite regular. If a new batch has been received recently, then perhaps they do need checking. I will sent club spares a mail .
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

Who says that the nuts came from the club spares
Poul
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajsph wrote:Who says that the nuts came from the club spares
Poul
Well spotted> I did at some point say " if " the parts came from club spares. That's seems to have been assumed they did.
So who was the supplier of these nuts that have proved incorrect? That needs to be confirmed, so the person who wants the nuts can also be assured his crank is correct.
I have told the club to ignore the mail I sent referring to the possibility our parts are faulty
ELPS

Post by ELPS »

Sorry guys but no where did I say I purchased the nuts through club spares. They where purchased in Australia. I know they are wrong for my crank pin and have been bagged incorrectly. I just thought someone may have an idea what they may fit.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Janet wrote:They will if someone tells them.
I would have thought, if the nuts supplied by the club were not correct, some one would have already made the club aware.
It is now irrelevant this time as ELPS has now confirmed that they were not bought from club spares, but we have had several occurrences over the years of people complaining about incorrect parts from the club but who post on here rather than tell the spares scheme.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think this actual topic has been resolved to the effect wrong nuts had been received.
The question of where parts came from also resolved via communication with club spares.
I am afraid I do not have time to read every single comment made on a topic. I am sure many others also simple read comments as they arrive, so can get led astray.
Janet mentions about contacting Spares, for Spares queries. The same applies to other areas that relate to the club in many ways. Committee, spares, event's etc. Postings here are not all read by all they may concern. Many members do not even use the forum. So the forum should not be used as a means of communication to club reps what ever the topic, or to give all members information.