Advice required - Matchless G15

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rhe_ross

Advice required - Matchless G15

Post by Rhe_ross »

Hello all,

My father recently passed away and has left behind a LOT of bike parts, as well as a fully restored Matchless G15. It's absolutely beautiful and I have considered keeping it but as I wouldn't ride it, it would be such a waste. So I have decided to sell it and I was hoping for some advice on where best to sell it and how much for. I have looked on Ebay and the only one I can see is priced at £13,000 but has been on there quite a long time from what I can gather so I guess that price may be too high. I only have 1, not very good picture of the bike at the moment but can get more.
He also has a fully restored AJS 500 twin engine, AJS frame and a few other parts that I would like to sell together. I think all together they are worth around £900 from what I have been told. Would Ebay perhaps be the way forward for those?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Rhiannon

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expat

Re: Advice required - Matchless G15

Post by Expat »

Hi Rhiannon,

Can't advise you personally but there will surely be others along soon with interest in your sadly inherited goldmine.

Regards,

Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Sad inheritance Rhiannon, but I can understand that you want to do the best you can.
As you probably know, eBay and other classified and auction sites have various risks. I'd suggest that you advertise initially on this club's website. The ads are also repeated in the Club's monthly magazine. Non club members can use the service. See here:
http://www.jampot.com/adverts.asp
Where are you in West Sussex? We have a couple of Sussex members who have the rather scarce and sought after G15's and another chap who is currently restoring one (and a Model 20, as the engine shown in your photo) who may be willing to have a chat with you to help make the best decision.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rhe_ross

Post by Rhe_ross »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Sad inheritance Rhiannon, but I can understand that you want to do the best you can.
As you probably know, eBay and other classified and auction sites have various risks. I'd suggest that you advertise initially on this club's website. The ads are also repeated in the Club's monthly magazine. Non club members can use the service. See here:
http://www.jampot.com/adverts.asp
Where are you in West Sussex? We have a couple of Sussex members who have the rather scarce and sought after G15's and another chap who is currently restoring one (and a Model 20, as the engine shown in your photo) who may be willing to have a chat with you to help make the best decision.
Thanks so much for your message. I'm Billingshurst/Horsham at the moment. (The parts are in a couple of places).
I also have a lot of BSA A10 parts so have been on the BSA forum too. It's no easy task to find good homes for a fair price when you're definitely not a bike expert! I'm very grateful for these forums :)

SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rhiannon, I'm not far from B'hurst and have emailed you with more info.
Neville
clive

Post by clive »

This is getting close to advertising which is not allowed on the open forum. Please see Spriddler's reference to the advertising space above.
Regards The Adverts Police.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rhe_ross

Post by Rhe_ross »

clive wrote:This is getting close to advertising which is not allowed on the open forum. Please see Spriddler's reference to the advertising space above.
Regards The Adverts Police.
Hi Clive,

Apologies for that, it's really not meant to be as I need to get a good idea of value before I can advertise for sale. I can see what you mean though and can amend the post if you feel it's appropriate? I just have a real task on my hands and not sure where to start!

Thanks,
Rhiannon

clive

Post by clive »

Using the asking price facility on the adverts section of the website there has been one G15 for sale in the last 6 months, asking price £9000. I don't think you are going to get better info on value as these old bikes are worth what you can get someone to pay for them.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I'm arranging a date with Rhiannon for a ride out with Peter, Ray and Dick to where it is kept. Peter and Ray already have G15's and Dick and I need an excuse for a ride out so hopefully we'll be of some help.
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Well done Neville, hope your date goes well.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow