Adverts Editor flees cold weather

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Re: Adverts Editor flees cold weather

Post by clive »

Well its that time of year again when we escape to OZ, this time to see our new grand-daughter. That means that I will need any adverts by post, email or on the website by 5pm on the 12th Feb for the March issue of the Jampot (as per the announcement in the Feb Jampot adverts page). Anything by post will wait some weeks before it appears, I should be able to manage email and website adverts but there will be timezone delays and it will all depend on my internet access. Again, strangely, the Quizmaster tells me he is away for the same period and so the marking of answers send in on the Sunday may get a bit delayed.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:Well its that time of year again when we escape to OZ, this time to see our new grand-daughter. That means that I will need any adverts by post, email or on the website by 5pm on the 12th Feb for the March issue of the Jampot (as per the announcement in the Feb Jampot adverts page). Anything by post will wait some weeks before it appears, I should be able to manage email and website adverts but there will be timezone delays and it will all depend on my internet access. Again, strangely, the Quizmaster tells me he is away for the same period and so the marking of answers send in on the Sunday may get a bit delayed.
Oh goody, time for a load of stand adverts to appear!!!! :twisted:

I'll cover the ads for you if you like, that way you only have to concentrate on policing duties. :rofl: :rofl:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote: Oh goody, time for a load of stand adverts to appear!!!! :twisted:
I guess that'll be the easy roll on-roll off centre stand that you produce.
o.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote: Oh goody, time for a load of stand adverts to appear!!!! :twisted:
I guess that'll be the easy roll on-roll off centre stand that you produce.
o.gif
Couldn't possibly comment on that Nev. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Whilst I'm still fit enough to lift my bike onto it's 'factory' centre stand I often wonder whether anyone has gone to the trouble of producing a stand that requires less effort to operate - for those in Southern climes I can imagine operation with a sandaled foot might be nice.

Does anyone know of such a stand? :roll:

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Whilst I'm still fit enough to lift my bike onto it's 'factory' centre stand I often wonder whether anyone has gone to the trouble of producing a stand that requires less effort to operate - for those in Southern climes I can imagine operation with a sandaled foot might be nice.

Does anyone know of such a stand? :roll:

Regards Mick
Maybe :rofl: :rofl:
clive

Post by clive »

clive wrote:Well its that time of year again when we escape to OZ, this time to see our new grand-daughter. That means that I will need any adverts by post, email or on the website by 5pm on the 12th Feb for the March issue of the Jampot (as per the announcement in the Feb Jampot adverts page). Anything by post will wait some weeks before it appears, I should be able to manage email and website adverts but there will be timezone delays and it will all depend on my internet access. Again, strangely, the Quizmaster tells me he is away for the same period and so the marking of answers send in on the Sunday may get a bit delayed.
The whole point of this post was to warn people about my holiday and the earlier cut off date not give a new oportunity to advertise that bloody stand ( which is incidentally very good and fitted to one of my bikes).
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

As a bit of a 'rivet counter' and still in possession of a fair degree of lower body strength there's no way I'd consider buying a non standard centre stand.
Stand Leg.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:
http://www.jampot.com/forum/posting.php ... 11&t=23175#
The whole point of this post was to warn people about my holiday and the earlier cut off date not give a new oportunity to advertise that bloody stand ( which is incidentally very good and fitted to one of my bikes).

:rofl: :rofl:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Mick D wrote:Hi

As a bit of a 'rivet counter' and still in possession of a fair degree of lower body strength there's no way I'd consider buying a non standard centre stand.
Stand Leg.png
Regards Mick
Mick D wrote:.....for those in Southern climes I can imagine operation with a sandaled foot might be nice.
You're right, sandals would be a damn sight better than rocking up at the 'Draughty Kilt' caff for a decaff tea and a fairy cake in those stilettos.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'