AJS model S3 1931

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
AJS-S3

AJS model S3 1931

Post by AJS-S3 »

Hallo everyone

My name is Michael Pedersen and I´m a new member from Denmark.
I have recently bought a AJS 1931 model S3 500cc project, but I only have frame, engine, gearbox and oiltank. I have found out that some parts from the other AJS 500cc models from 1930/31 can be used on this model like wheels , handlebar, seat and so on. I will be more then happy is someone can help me with parts or know where to find/make some. Also need a tank, but dont know if this is a special one or fit other models, does some know this? Thanks
Best Regards Michael
rudelan_LAPSED

Re: AJS model S3 1931

Post by rudelan_LAPSED »

Life is beautiful and you have to enjoy it
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Not many S3's about, there seems to be projects that are changing hands. A person gives up searching for parts, some one else buys and hopes to do better. Some parts are common to other models. Do not consider that good, all the other bikes are also wanting these parts. One owner right now is getting S3 exhaust pipes and silencers made. So if you need those parts you had better get your name on the list quickly. If you are in the prewar e - group you will be aware of this. Other parts are also being made. Rob Harkettt AJS&MOC prewar officer
AJS-S3

Post by AJS-S3 »

Hi Rob
Thanks for your replay. I have contact to Malcolm that are getting exhaust pipes and silencers made, but thanks for info.
Can tell you that my projekt have not changing hands much, I`m the 3 owner of this bike, and I have the orginal danish papers from 1931.
I have a 100% goal for making this bike and get it back to the road with me in the sadle ;)
Regards Michael
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I hope you manage to get the bike running Malcolm. AJS S3 is a bike I have always wanted. Too expensive for me to buy. Over here a project could have many owners no one would know about. A bike could change hands many times when in an un registered project state.