JAMPOT

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
thornebt

Re: JAMPOT

Post by thornebt »

Not appeared yet in Somerset. Cheers. Bruce.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Why does the digital version have to lag the paper one? Surely it would make sense to give all access to the digital version once it is produced, (presumably when the copy is sent to the printers), and follow up with the hard copy for those who subscribe to it.

Regards Mick
PGGuse

Post by PGGuse »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Why does the digital version have to lag the paper one?

Regards Mick

"Me too" :-(

Paul
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

PGGuse wrote:
Mick D wrote:Hi

Why does the digital version have to lag the paper one?

Regards Mick

"Me too" :-(

Paul
I am sure this question has been answered more than once in the past. To the effect digital is released, at the estimated same time paper copy would be received by the majority. ( Overseas paper copy memberships perhaps being the minority getting copy late. )
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

No digital copy in Cornwall yet...I think it's the wrong type of snow on the telegraph poles...😎
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

As the person who initiates the sending of the digital version, let me explain the process...

The idea is that the digital version should be sent at the same time as the paper version lands on your doormat. There will always be regional and international differences, but I try to get the emails out at the right time.

The way I do this is to watch when my own paper copy arrives - that is my trigger to send the digital issue.
I can't just send the digital issue on a specific day as I don't know exactly when the publishers have sent the paper versions to the Post Office and equally I don't know exactly how long the Post Office will take. So rather than trying to predict these unknown factors, I wait until my copy arrives.

Of course that may mean that if my Oxfordshire postal service is a day behind the Essex service (as has happened this week), the digital version is a day later than it should have been... but I wouldn't know that unless I phoned around a representative group of members around the country each month.

Equally there are days (like today) when I've been working away from home and so I only get to see in the evening the post that has arrived that day - hence the digital copy has just been sent tonight.

So, I can see two options:

1) Carry on as they are with the digital version being sent as soon as I get my copy
or
2) Each month someone posts a new topic (say in the Club News area) stating they've just received their copy, then as soon as I see the new posting (and it's confirmed by a few people) I can send the digital copy out.

I'm open to other suggestions.....
:)
Corners like a Lego man
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

It arrived in my inbox ten minutes after my post...the system works great...I'm in favour of status quo.
👍👍
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

I got my paper version on Monday.
ajsm18

Post by ajsm18 »

My copy hasn't arrived yet which made me wonder if my membership had expired. Oh dear, 1st March! Anyway, I've renewed and opted for an electronic copy. Is there anything I need to do to get my March copy as they have been sent out already? I suppose I should direct my question at Eamonn...
Thanks
Mark
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

my Jampot arrived yesterday but the b/day card I posted to my daughter in Dover just 7 miles away, last Thursday also only arrived yesterday :roll: kind regards