Jampot magazine

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
matchbart

Jampot magazine

Post by matchbart »

One of the most interesting articles I have seen in the latest Jampot, the one on Suzukis ! I wasn`t aware of that happening, I only fairly recently sold a little b100p that could well have been an `AMC` machine..
G15 Roy

Re: Jampot magazine

Post by G15 Roy »

A photo of the bike would be nice to print in the Jampot. Send to editor@jampot.com
Roy
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

I used to have a B100P (Bloop) when I was a kid. Bl***y thing, it had VERY rusty brake drums, chucked me over the handlebars one day :oops:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Peter Morris wrote:I used to have a B100P (Bloop) when I was a kid. Bl***y thing, it had VERY rusty brake drums, chucked me over the handlebars one day :oops:
Even a better photo for the Jampot ;)
Roy
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

G15 Roy wrote:
Peter Morris wrote:I used to have a B100P (Bloop) when I was a kid. Bl***y thing, it had VERY rusty brake drums, chucked me over the handlebars one day :oops:
Even a better photo for the Jampot ;)

Petrol was 7/6d per gallon, couldn't afford a camera as well! ;) Bike was the first 2 stroke I'd had with a separate oil tank.... I never did get the hang of not having to shake the bike to mix the petroil.
Expat

Post by Expat »

Petrol was 7/6d per gallon, couldn't afford a camera as well! ;) Bike was the first 2 stroke I'd had with a separate oil tank.... I never did get the hang of not having to shake the bike to mix the petroil.[/quote]

Gawd, that brings back memories of my old Fanny Barnet. :lol:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Expat wrote:
I had one of them... My first bike was a 197 Falcon when I was 16. Rode it to work and back (13 miles each way) all through the '62-'63 winter. Put it in part exchange for a G9 sidecar outfit as soon as I'd passed my driving test.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
LynP

Post by LynP »

My first bike when I was 16 in 1966 was also a Falcon 197. I wanted a Tiger Cub, but the Falcon was in as new condition with one previous owner and on the advice of my uncle that was what I got. It was good to learn on and looked a bigger bike than the Cub, and I passed my test on it 7 weeks after my first ever ride on a motorcycle. The Falcon went well until one of the premix pumps at a garage did not add the oil to the petrol and on the way home, two up and accelerating off a roundabout it seized solid. An exchange crank from Joe Francis and a rebore etc. got it going fine again, but I soon part exchanged it for a Triumph T21, now that's long story. But by 1969 I was back on an AMC machine a Matchless G12, which I still have.
Expat

Post by Expat »

Pharisee wrote:
Expat wrote:
I had one of them... My first bike was a 197 Falcon when I was 16. Rode it to work and back (13 miles each way) all through the '62-'63 winter. Put it in part exchange for a G9 sidecar outfit as soon as I'd passed my driving test.

Didn't even know it was called a ‘Falcon'!

Bought it from a mate. I was 17 and it was my first proper bike after a Honda 50 and a couple of sc*ot*rs. Was hand painted black all over, bit of a dog but got me to and from work as an apprentice, 10 miles each way with the exhaust pipe occasionally blowing out of the head and me coming off two or three times due to having drunk too much beer of a Friday lunchtime, icy roads, or plain incompetence.

Learned a lot about bike maintenance though, fitted exchange rebored barrel, new piston and rings from Joe Francis and generally tidied it up to sell and upgrade to heady heights of a Honda CB 250.

Aaah, them were the days. :)
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

I had a F.B. too (I had all the best bikes when I was young) it was a 1959 Plover 86 with the much maligned 150cc AMC engine.... never had a scrap of trouble with it, don't know what all the fuss was about.

I learned recently my Plover was a 'posh' version because it had a shock absorber (only one) that was an optional extra :o

P.S. As you can see, I was a bit of a photographer back then......... not much, just a bit of one ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.