Communication methods.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Communication methods.

Post by Rob Harknett »

The subject is not really a topic, but is often referred to within topics.
It is said not every one uses the internet, the forum etc. etc.
We communicate direct by word of mouth, telephone, letter, Jampot magazine then along came the internet. The latter it is said, not to be used by everyone. While this is quite true, when it comes down to people wanting information, the internet is by far the prime method of communication. So the number of people without internet is far less than polls may show. People will use the internet when they want to. I can relate back 30 as a committee member. 30 years ago letters and phone calls arrived daily. Today only e mails arrive daily. Letters perhaps just one per month. Phone calls less than one per day. Most phone calls received are only made because the person is in a hurry for a reply. If we also consider the club forum. People needing information is now almost 100% internet based. Funny old world? As it seems the most popular method of reaching all members, with news and information, is also a firm favourite with most members. That being the old paper copy of the club magazine.
Merlin

Re: Communication methods.

Post by Merlin »

Hi Rob,
While I use the internet for all my communications where possible I still look back to the more gentle times. When people asked for a quote you returned to the office, had a think. composed a letter signed it popped it in the post. Now when out asked for a quote, return to office and find an e-mail asking where is my quote. Such is life. :beer:
Chemists do it with test tubes
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Merlin wrote:Hi Rob,
While I use the internet for all my communications where possible I still look back to the more gentle times. When people asked for a quote you returned to the office, had a think. composed a letter signed it popped it in the post. Now when out asked for a quote, return to office and find an e-mail asking where is my quote. Such is life. :beer:
That is just one of perhaps the bad things the internet has made.
Another is, increased workload. Sending letters and making phone calls took time and money. Now it is much easier just to send an e mail, as far as my pre war office is concerned, work load has shot up.
500tg3lc

Post by 500tg3lc »

Am I missing something, is this a topic or not........................................
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

Topic.... a hazelnut in every bite
Expat

Post by Expat »

matchbart wrote:Topic.... a hazelnut in every bite

:rofl: :rofl:

Squirrel s**t. :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)