waste of time?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
choosey2

Re: waste of time?

Post by choosey2 »

Hi,
As per your original post I believe it is a Bsa B25 1968/69 model, the frame number should be on the front engine mount same side as the engine number,
However the engine number appears to be a TR 25 this would be originally from a Triumph 250cc almost identical to the Bsa engine maybe a later engine,
Hope this helps,
Regards
Clive
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

I have had a few of these 250's. Certainly not a waste of time to rebuild. One of the most reliable machines that I ever owned, ridden all year round in all weathers including deep snow and deep mud. Not the fastest bike around as most generally have a top road speed of around 60 / 65. These bikes do convert into a fine trail bike like the BSA Victor version if you don't want to keep it in road trim. I used one of my bikes for four stroke trials, trail ride including the MCC Edinburgh long distance trial.

Definitely not a waste of time in my book but the makings of a nice road or trail bike.

Faults? None really if the bike is in good order. Possibly the only thing watch out for is water getting into the points housing. Easily fixed by fitting a machined ally cover to replace the pressed steel part. I think the after market Triumph twin ally cover may fit. Not certain so do check before buying.

Very hard use can cause the clutch to slip. Easy to fix with a billet machined pressure plate. Not a big deal as this is easy to make if you have a mate with a lathe and pillar drill. The original pressed steel plate can warp and give uneven pressure.

Ally BSA tank.
http://www.terryweedy.com/tanks.html

Note, If your machine has the fibreglass fuel tank, the tank may be affected by methanol fuels. Hence the ally tank option.

If you really want to dump it, send it to me for a good home. Within a few weeks you will be amazed at the transformation. :rofl: