Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
REW

Re: Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

Post by REW »

ajscomboman wrote:
REW wrote:Best wishes to all travelling to Portugal. Our plans have turned to dust unfortunately so a few photos en route and at the rally would be a slight compensation!
Does that mean the Transalp is only going to gather dust now then? How come?
'Fraid so Rob. Mum now out of hospital but her living arrangements seem to be a topic of hot conversation with the social workers. Case conference on tuesday and as her only advocate I really have to be there. No idea what the rest of the year holds so the Transalp is now on Gumtree...

I look forward to rally trip reports and pix though hopefully not of the back of a crowded van!
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Sorry about your mum, Ron! We have all been there one way or another! I go to more funerals than marriages these days!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
REW

Post by REW »

Indeed Alan, 'tis sadly true. I would like to see that Morini of yours, btw, or is the AJS on the back?
Ron

alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Still waiting for ajs to produce a more powerful but light bike! My 125 only has 11 bhp so struggles a bit 2 up! I need to go on a diet!! The 250 morini- weighs the same as the ajs, about 130 kg but has a magnificent 25 bhp! No " button" though ! No contest, then!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
dunsweepin

Post by dunsweepin »

hi,we are off to the Algarve in the morning,flying at daft o clock,staying in Albuferia for two weeks,enjoy your trip.dont think my G2 would keep up,regards Dave.did you ever live in Homewood Alan ?
D G SIMS
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

REW wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:
REW wrote:Best wishes to all travelling to Portugal. Our plans have turned to dust unfortunately so a few photos en route and at the rally would be a slight compensation!
Does that mean the Transalp is only going to gather dust now then? How come?
'Fraid so Rob. Mum now out of hospital but her living arrangements seem to be a topic of hot conversation with the social workers. Case conference on tuesday and as her only advocate I really have to be there. No idea what the rest of the year holds so the Transalp is now on Gumtree...

I look forward to rally trip reports and pix though hopefully not of the back of a crowded van!
I'm in the same boat with my mother but I doubt she'll get out of hospital. Luckily I ave 2 sisters that will deal with the situation should anything happen when I'm away. Not much I can do here so I may as well continue with my plans and keep my fingers crossed.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Ron

Wary of Adverts Police but the Transalp looks great and a bargain, tremendously tempting. I could buy it and Linda would never know because she never goes to the lock up. But I've never cheated her yet so better not start now.

When she started complaining about nerves with me doing high mileages on the Matchless and it being too old for long trips I started showing her ads for cheap low mileage Deauvilles. She made it clear that wasn't what she meant.

Johnny B
REW

Post by REW »

Thanks Johnny and no, don't cheat, because you will not get away with it! As it happens, Transalp sold today and I can now put the whole saga behind me and enjoy the tails (sic) of tigers to come courtesy of R & R.
Ron

alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Had a good crossing with 10 other club members.stayed at Salamanca and now at Caceres about 100 miles from the rally site.the motorways we have travelled on have been almost empty.not tried diesel in my morini- yet!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Alan

Sounds like the trip is going great.

I was idly scanning through Feebay and noticed a 500 Morini Sport at what looked like a good price so far, assuming that it doesj't rocket as the auction closes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Morini- ... SwIzBa-GME

How do they compare with the 3.5?

Not that it would suit me, clip-ons, they way my right wrist is at present.................!

Also worth a look is and MZ Sport (the 660 single Yahama engine).

Johnny B