Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MikeM.

Re: Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

Post by MikeM. »

Alan, it was 28C in out backyard in sunny St John's in Surrey yesterday😎
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I remember a "scooterist" on the Hull - Hoek ferry on their way to Italy - loaded to the gunwales. Deserved a medal. Hope the one you spoke to had informed insurers!

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

It is perfectly legal at 15 bhp and is a standard model. We just passed a 200 cc lambretta,fully loaded two up, doing a steady 65 on the motorway!! But maybe not for long!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Staggering up a one in four cobbled narrow street in the drizzle in Coimbra when a rumbling noise and a loaded Harley Davidson appeared and groaned to a halt! On board was a young man from Mexico! He had spent 7 months touring south America, shipped his bike across to Spain and had another 6 months or so to tour Europe. Not the most suitable bike for cobbled streets but he loved it! Going off to Prague next he said. A good place I told him! I never had the money or the nerve to do what he has done!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

Not enough money.... said the man with a marvelous vincent in his garage to a sad man with no vincent in his garage! ;) Coincidince that the sad man's name is also Vincent.
Not fired is always a misser!
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Bumped into a classic Car run by accident! 30 odd cars, m.g.s old austin10, mercs etc.the cream was an affable Frenchman in 1972 Ferrari Dino! Immaculate and very original, they went on a run and the next thing I saw was the Dino being put on the breakdown truck, how embarrassing! Also a lovely Austin 7 that also would not run! Just went by morini to medieval village up the most incredible paved road going up to 500 m. in only 3 miles! Went in the tiny local bar for a coffee, served by a blind chap and then had a mostly sign language chat with a tiny old lady all in black, just out of church! This is in a national park where time appears to stand still!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
REW

Post by REW »

Sounds like quite a place Alan - any pix?

Oh, and where time stands still - that'd be Durham then ;)
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Alan

I'm enjoying reading this in a masochistic way as I wish I was doing it.

Ron

Take it from me North Yorkshire, and the County Council, make Durham look leading edge. Wish I hadn't left.

On a separate note, do you think your other business will be satisfactorily settled and you'll go to the Jampot at Rushden? I plan to though haven't booked yet

Johnny B
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

56G80S wrote:Alan

I'm enjoying reading this in a masochistic way as I wish I was doing it.

Ron

Take it from me North Yorkshire, and the County Council, make Durham look leading edge. Wish I hadn't left.

On a separate note, do you think your other business will be satisfactorily settled and you'll go to the Jampot at Rushden? I plan to though haven't booked yet

Johnny B

Well sad to report Ron but my business beat you to it!!!! :( :(
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Back in Spain and staying near Leon. Out on the morini and got lost in the city, as usual! A young Spanish lad on a small Yamaha saw we were lost, stopped and guided us to the museum we wanted to visit, how kind is that?? Weather still poor it seems it's better back home! ( No means to send pics, Ron, sorry Rob about your mum).
Alan [Morini] Jennings