How to add pictures to topic?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

How to add pictures to topic?

Post by 39speedtwin »

As Ron has requested pictures of the Tigers en route to Portugal, how do you add them to the text please?
I am sure Spriddles will tell me!
SPRIDDLER

Re: How to add pictures to topic?

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hmm.
Well now Didley, I suspect you'll be en route when you want to post photos. Will this be from your phone, a tablet or a laptop?
If it's from a phone or a tablet I've never done that. :(
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

It'll be from his Ipad I suspect Nev, we'll just wait for Eamonn to pop up and write some concise instructions for us to follow.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Already done and tested they will be from his ONE EYE pad the only thing it is hard to resize them. We could always send then to Nev to resize let's see what happens on the first Day. ;)
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:It'll be from his Ipad I suspect Nev, we'll just wait for Eamonn to pop up and write some concise instructions for us to follow.
A wise move. There are some instructions on this website's FAQs page but they're rather long-winded and the third-party Photobucket and Tinypics have changed their hosting conditions since much of the info was posted. (It's really very simple if you use this Forum's 'Upload attachment' facility).
G15 Roy wrote:Already done and tested they will be from his ONE EYE pad the only thing it is hard to resize them. We could always send then to Nev to resize let's see what happens on the first Day. ;)
Happy to resize and post them.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

..... and please don't use a 3rd party hosting site.

There's nothing more annoying (and pointless) than a thread full of "now disappeard" photographs because the hosting site has decided to change the Ts and Cs to make some cash.

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Group Leader wrote:..... and please don't use a 3rd party hosting site.

There's nothing more annoying (and pointless) than a thread full of "now disappeard" photographs because the hosting site has decided to change the Ts and Cs to make some cash.

Alan
Exactly, as the message shown below is all that remains in many threads where photos were posted using the previously free hosting site 'Photobucket' (and when you 'Click for photos' you don't get 'em)......:
Photo not found.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Dudley/Roy, you can e mail pics to me if you wish, I could re size and post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Group Leader wrote:..... and please don't use a 3rd party hosting site.

Alan
Exactly, as the message shown below is all that remains in many threads where photos were posted using the previously free hosting site 'Photobucket' (and when you 'Click for photos' you don't get 'em)......:
Photo not found.png
THat could be due to something like encrypted codes used of which there may be many, not all able to be read by some systems used. It happens with videos, e.g. an encrypted Win 7 system video may not work for win 10 user. Beyond my understanding, but there is software that will read almost all encrypted files. Over to the experts.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I had this problem for something jointly owned with my brother that I was emailing the pics to before putting on Fleabay.

With the pic open I clicked on "email" when it was on screen in Windows Photoviewer. It then opens Outlook with an email and attachment, no addressee obviously. Open the attachment and save elsewhere. Close the photo and and the email. The saved photo although of lower quality is much smaller in size (Kb), better than zip or other method so far for some reason. Is that the size that you mean?

Apologies if not.

Johnny B