crash bar from AMOC spares

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

crash bar from AMOC spares

Post by 56G80S »

Hi

I've been revising my thoughts about location of spot / daytime ridng lamps and considering a Club crash bar and mounting them on that.

They look good, what have people's experience been?

Of course, I could always wedge a length of broomstick in and get the aluminium paint out.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Re: crash bar from AMOC spares

Post by Rob Harknett »

What is wrong with using the headlamp? There is nothing illegal with that. I am sure the law is dipped headlamp. You may find spot lamps should only be used in adverse weather etc.? ( So a policeman said when I got stopped and was asked to turn spot lamps off, on my car ) No crash bars to buy, additional wiring etc. I used a spot lamp on my 55/G3LS back in the 50's 60's , on the L hand side, a mirror on the R hand side of crash bars. That was for night times. OK on the straight. But on corners, the spot light on the crash bars will not turn like the headlamp will. It may not even be seen in daylight, on one side of the bike. Therefore a headlamp is safer.
You can make crash bars from items found in the likes of B & Q, Steel rod, chrome ward robe tubing, few washers same dia. as tube and nuts. I even found some chrome plastic push on caps to cover the nuts.