Crash Cards

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
leswaller

Re: Crash Cards

Post by leswaller »

Lawrence,
I beg to differ, after 30 years in the NHS I would advise you NEVER to remove a helmet unless you have been appropriately trained. You do not need to remove a helmet to perform CPR
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ray.woolford wrote:Hey Nev how many grannies have you collected ??
;) To keep on topic let's just say I've bumped into a couple.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ray.woolford wrote:Hey Nev how many grannies have you collected ??
;) To keep on topic let's just say I've bumped into a couple.
Ok, staying on topic I hope they've not tried to remove your helmet! :o :o :rofl: :rofl:

I'll get my coat before Janet tells me off!!! :oops:
clive

Post by clive »

leswaller wrote:Lawrence,
I beg to differ, after 30 years in the NHS I would advise you NEVER to remove a helmet unless you have been appropriately trained. You do not need to remove a helmet to perform CPR
Les how do you do the breaths part of the CPR if the person is wearing a full face helmet? I do not challenge your advice not to remove the helmet but am unable to understand how you do the rescue breaths.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Post by Janet »

clive wrote:
leswaller wrote:Lawrence,
Les how do you do the breaths part of the CPR if the person is wearing a full face helmet? I do not challenge your advice not to remove the helmet but am unable to understand how you do the rescue breaths.
They've changed the advice. Now you don't do the breaths, just the chest compressions. When the chest expands after each press, it drags air into the lungs.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

Spot on Janet, the only time you would need to remove the helmet is if the airway appears to be compromised in any way. In those circumstances you may need to remove the helmet and risk turning the rider into a paraplegic. It needs at least two specifically trained people to remove a helmet safely if there is any suggestion of a back injury or if the rider is unconscious.
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise