Crash Cards

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
leswaller

Crash Cards

Post by leswaller »

Does anyone know if the "crash card" (otherwise known as the green dot scheme) organisation is still in business? I have just bought a new helmet and decided to update the scruffy old card and details that live in the lining of my old helmet, however the website appears not to be there any more.
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
G15 Roy

Re: Crash Cards

Post by G15 Roy »

I have never heard of this what is it :?:
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Not some sort of ID or body parts donor info is it? I am aware a person carrying a donor card, but not what it is called. Perhaps this.
https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/about-donation/
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

Roy & Rob

It is a scheme that has been going about 15 years whereby you have a green sticker on the side of your helmet which notifies paramedics, doctors etc that inside your helmet are your details, details of your next of kin and contact numbers, blood group, and a list of the medications that you are on. As you can imagine this is invaluable information in getting you quick emergency treatment if you need it after and accident and paramedics are trained to look for this sticker.
Not wishing to teach you how to suck eggs, but I assume that you are aware that you, as a non medic, should never remove a biker's helmet after an accident as you could end up paralysing the rider if he/she has a back injury.
Les
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Having done Civil Defence training, First Aid and Nursing courses since 1965 Les, well aware of what you state about moving patients in particular removing helmets. Never heard of the Green sticker though. But it is about 10 years since I last sat a course.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

Rob
Have a look at this site if it is working again
http://www.crashcard.co.uk/
If you google' crash cards' there is lots of info from a number of ambulance and biker organisations
Les
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I have this sticker on my helmet , run by polce forces which gives paramedics instant access to the mediical and contact details that you have filed on their website. It cost about 3 quid a year to subscribe.
https://www.cerql.co.uk/road-safety

(Currently chilling in the Loire valley :beer: ).
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

leswaller wrote:Rob
Have a look at this site if it is working again
http://www.crashcard.co.uk/
If you google' crash cards' there is lots of info from a number of ambulance and biker organisations
I did find that Les, but never made the connection with green card. I don't think I've got anything to donate that still works. But I am still able to twist a few arms, which I hope may raise £6K for a good cause. That's my target and I have till 2022 to reach it.
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

leswaller wrote:Roy & Rob
I assume that you are aware that you, as a non medic, should never remove a biker's helmet after an accident as you could end up paralysing the rider if he/she has a back injury.
That's true if the victim is conscious and aware. If he is not and you cannot hear him breathing easily then it is essential to remove his helmet USING THE CORRECT METHOD and commence CPR as soon as possible. This is covered in the excellent 'Bikerdown' courses. They also supply the green card pamphlets.
ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

Hey Nev how many grannies have you collected on this trip, missed your words of advice in the workshop this last week see you soon.