Jampot Rally 2018

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Flash

Jampot Rally 2018

Post by Flash »

I had to leave the jampot rally on Sunday morning, due to a medical appointment, however I did find that the rally was a good one, well done HOE for the work you put into getting it together a great effort by Lawrence and his team, a good location, food was pretty good although, I felt it to be a little expensive, I cannot comment about the Friday run, as I did not arrive on site till Friday afternoon but Saturdays ride out was well executed, with a good secure location to park up at Olney RFC, a very quaint place Olney, very friendly locals there with quite a bit to see.
I did think that the Essex section were a little absent and did not participate in supporting in the various events also did not mix with other sections but there is nothing new there, this is just my opinion, I did see them one time in the marquee but all around one table, never mixing, however I was talking with one member who said and I quote "When Roy Bellet gets to be chairman again it will be Roy's Essex club instead of the Jampot club" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I enjoyed the rally and hope the rest of the members did too, selection of beers was excellent I only hope the rugby club didn't lose out on this.
Well done and a big thank you to HOE you did a good rally, :beer: :beer:
mikeydpippin

Re: Jampot Rally 2018

Post by mikeydpippin »

My first Jampot rally, really enjoyed the weekend, the runs 🏃‍♀️, the food 🍔🍰 the beer 🍻 and the company.
Nice meeting Nev, Roy and Rob, Andrew Dove , Steve Surbey and many others.
Very friendly bunch, all very easy to get along with, ( and I knew no one when I arrived).
Hope everyone got home safely, and will def see you next year.
Anyone thinking about going for the first time next year, make the effort it's well worth it.
Mike
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

What Essex section?? There's North Essex and East London & Essex. There was a long row of E London and Essex section members. Plus one couple and my party of three at least, elsewhere on the site. So we mixed some what by not being all together. Also I can recall at least 18 section members present at Jampot 2018. I guess your section was much larger Flash. But a pretty good turn out from our total number of members. From which also fills many committee offices and posts. In my case 2 and one for the last 30 years. So having been about for that many years, probably mixed and spoke to far more members than any other club member attending. We met, dined with drank and chatted at tables etc. I cannot get away from meeting only a few. If I do not recognise them, they recognise me. Probably taken part in over 100 club events. Plus well over 100 committee meetings, plus well over 700 section events.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

mikeydpippin wrote:My first Jampot rally, really enjoyed the weekend, the runs 🏃‍♀️, the food 🍔🍰 the beer 🍻 and the company.
Nice meeting Nev, Roy and Rob, Andrew Dove , Steve Surbey and many others.
Very friendly bunch, all very easy to get along with, ( and I knew no one when I arrived).
Hope everyone got home safely, and will def see you next year.
Anyone thinking about going for the first time next year, make the effort it's well worth it.

Nice to put a face to a name Mike.

PS, the 350 project I collected on the way home looks to be a genuine little cracker.
mikeydpippin

Post by mikeydpippin »

PS, the 350 project I collected on the way home looks to be a genuine little cracker.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :beer:
Mike
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

No comment on the ramblings!
Yes it was a good Rally, glad Mikeydipping enjoyed his first one.
Congratulations to the Heart of England. :beer:
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

39speedtwin wrote:No comment on the ramblings!
I also have no comment on the pointless ramblings..... GREAT rally HOE, well done everyone. Christine and I (and everyone else I spoke to) had a fantastic time.

Thank you all for all your hard work!

Peter & Christine
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

We always enjoy our rallies, one of the main reasons being, meeting up with other members we may only see yearly.
The HOE section have organised a few rallies. So experts at making them enjoyable events. The Rugby club staff were also great, food good and inexpensive.
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

39speedtwin wrote:No comment on the ramblings!
Yes it was a good Rally, glad Mikeydipping enjoyed his first one.
Congratulations to the Heart of England. :beer:
Which ramblings are you referring to?

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Rose and I would like to thank HOE for a great rally. It was very friendly, laid back and relaxing. We enjoyed all 3 runs and the 2 bands were very good. Good to meet up with Johnny from the forum, Alfy from Northern Ireland and John Walley from Guernsey (to name just a few). Dave.