Jampot Rally 2018

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
bigwol

Re: Jampot Rally 2018

Post by bigwol »

Flash wrote:I had to leave the jampot rally on Sunday morning, due to a medical appointment, however I did find that the rally was a good one, well done HOE for the work you put into getting it together a great effort by Lawrence and his team, a good location, food was pretty good although, I felt it to be a little expensive, I cannot comment about the Friday run, as I did not arrive on site till Friday afternoon but Saturdays ride out was well executed, with a good secure location to park up at Olney RFC, a very quaint place Olney, very friendly locals there with quite a bit to see.
I did think that the Essex section were a little absent and did not participate in supporting in the various events also did not mix with other sections but there is nothing new there, this is just my opinion, I did see them one time in the marquee but all around one table, never mixing, however I was talking with one member who said and I quote "When Roy Bellet gets to be chairman again it will be Roy's Essex club instead of the Jampot club" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I enjoyed the rally and hope the rest of the members did too, selection of beers was excellent I only hope the rugby club didn't lose out on this.
Well done and a big thank you to HOE you did a good rally, :beer: :beer:
Having read your post Flash I am left wondering if we attended the same rally?
£8 for a 2 course evening meal and £6 for a cooked breakfast with unlimited tea, coffee and toast seems pretty good value to me.
As for the Essex section being a little absent, I assume from your later reference to Roy Bellett you mean the East London and Essex Section, 10 section members attended with another 10 wives and guests. 8 arrived Thursday one Friday and one Saturday. How does that compare to your section, or indeed most sections? Didn't participate in events? All of the runs were attended and section members volunteered as marshals on both Saturday and Sunday. Some of the section manned the signing in tent at various times and one even helped clean the clubhouse toilets! We ate with others and I personally had very enjoyable conversations with friends new and reacquainted, Mikeydpippin, Nick Campbell, Steve from Kent with the loud shirts, Stuart Smith, Bill Beavis to name just a few. We were in the marquee every evening supporting the rally by buying drinks and yes we may have sat at the same table as our friends but then so did every other section, mixing and chatting as each saw fit. I don't recall you approaching me to introduce yourself?
As for your jibe at Roy Bellett, he has never been Chairman before (he was president) I don't recall your name being put forward for the post, or any of the vacant committee posts? Perhaps instead of sniping you should be thanking Roy and Rob Swift for once again stepping forward and taking on these time consuming roles as with Janet and Stuart stepping down the club would otherwise find itself with no viable committee at all.
I'm not sure from your post if it's Roy Bellett personally you have an issue with, The East London and Essex Section or the whole County of Essex?

Thanks to Barry, Lawrence and the team for a great rally. You even laid on a game of rugby to watch Saturday afternoon!
It's all just riding motorbikes
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think you missed some Dave. Only one Saturday? There was 3 of us that arrived Saturday. I believe also Reg & Janice arrived Saturday, plus Karen. I recall 20 from the section. Just remembered 2 more, Richard with a lady. That's 22 I can name. I am only counting those that attend section night meetings. Which of cause includes partners that also attend. We only sat on a table once that contained only our section members, during the whole rally. Be it chatting dining or being entertained. Not only that, quite often I would be with other members, Jan with others elsewhere, our son Kerry who has done 29 rallies with us since age 10 ( 1987 to 2018, missing only Sterling ) also elsewhere. There were also many attending we never actually got to chat with, but at least exchanged a friendly wave as they past, or were sitting at tables nearby.
classic55

Post by classic55 »

I would also like to extend my thanks to the HOE section for an excellent rally and especially to the man with the cap who seemed to be everywhere. Rhoda enjoyed her time in the reception tent where everyone was very friendly. The runs were very enjoyable and the site was great

Alfie & Rhoda
Flash

Post by Flash »

Big Wol.
If you read the comment correctly, you will see that I was quoting another members comment about RB, not my own, personally I get on okay with Roy and usually manage to give him a bit of stick in a jocular way. Yes, I managed to mix with quite a few other sections but only having two nights arriving on Friday late and leaving early Sunday only gave me a limited time, the hip flask usually helps.:-)
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Rob Harknett wrote:I think you missed some Dave. Only one Saturday? There was 3 of us that arrived Saturday. I believe also Reg & Janice arrived Saturday, plus Karen. I recall 20 from the section. Just remembered 2 more, Richard with a lady. That's 22 I can name. I am only counting those that attend section night meetings. Which of cause includes partners that also attend. We only sat on a table once that contained only our section members, during the whole rally. Be it chatting dining or being entertained. Not only that, quite often I would be with other members, Jan with others elsewhere, our son Kerry who has done 29 rallies with us since age 10 ( 1987 to 2018, missing only Sterling ) also elsewhere. There were also many attending we never actually got to chat with, but at least exchanged a friendly wave as they past, or were sitting at tables nearby.
I was pretty sure Reg arrived Thursday Rob and was only including members in that part of my post not Wags lol. I did miss Richard and his lady though so thanks for reminding me.
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Flash wrote:Big Wol.
If you read the comment correctly, you will see that I was quoting another members comment about RB, not my own, personally I get on okay with Roy and usually manage to give him a bit of stick in a jocular way. Yes, I managed to mix with quite a few other sections but only having two nights arriving on Friday late and leaving early Sunday only gave me a limited time, the hip flask usually helps.:-)
Just goes to show how the written word can be misinterpreted then Flash, thanks for elaborating.
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

raffles wrote:As for the ramblings in the fist post .Get it right John the H O E team was headed by Barry Plumb.
Tony
I think I hear an axe being ground :lol: :lol:
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

classic55 wrote:I would also like to extend my thanks to the HOE section for an excellent rally and especially to the man with the cap who seemed to be everywhere. Rhoda enjoyed her time in the reception tent where everyone was very friendly. The runs were very enjoyable and the site was great

Alfie & Rhoda
It was lovely to meet you Alfie and Rhoda and thanks for all your help in reception etc. Hope to meet you again soon

And thanks everyone else for the nice comments. I will pass them on to the team; they deserve them, they worked really hard.

From the man with the cap :D