10,000 bikes at Brighton Burn Up! This Sunday Sept 9th

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
KeithMeadmore

Re: 10,000 bikes at Brighton Burn Up! This Sunday Sept 9th

Post by KeithMeadmore »

2018 was estimated to be 45 - 50,000 bikes. I thought 45k when I asked them, but the ACE Cafe organisers estimated higher at 50k. Last year the weather was bad and bike numbers were correspondingly down, but the count was still 25,000 which seemed about right to us at the time. 2016 had very good weather and the count was 32,000. The count of course can be no more than an estimate (a guess) based on the volume of motorcycle traffic streaming down Madeira Drive and the fullness or otherwise of the designated available parking areas along Madeira Drive (both sides of the pier), on the upper road above the arches, and in all the surrounding available parking areas. Planned potential capacity was 40k bike parking but by 11.30am both riders and the Ace Marshalls apparently we're reporting difficulties so the council allowed them to open up the final east section of Madeira Drive. Whatever the true number, its still a damn good event!
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

The raffle ticket sales for 2016 were circa £890. However, about £200 of that went up in smoke along with my bike :shock: before I had a chance to bank it. Well done to all of you who manned & womaned the stand :beer:

Tommy RE
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Tommy RE wrote:The raffle ticket sales for 2016 were circa £890. However, about £200 of that went up in smoke along with my bike :shock: before I had a chance to bank it. Well done to all of you who manned & womaned the stand :beer:

Tommy RE
Seems like we need you back, but someone else can look after the cash.
Roy