Zen

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Pharisee

Re: Zen

Post by Pharisee »

SPRIDDLER wrote:

Bikes are like women: You can ignore some of the noises some of the time, but..............
I was driving along, in a world of my own, when my lady who was sitting in the passenger seat, gave me a poke in the ribs. "What did you think about that?" she asked, referring to something on the radio. "Didn't hear it, my love." says I, "I was listening to you."
"I wasn't talking." she replies. "No," says I, " I was listening in case you did."
That earned me a thump on the shoulder and a considerable loss of brownie points. There's no pleasing some!
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
REW

Post by REW »

oldandsmelly wrote: So, now I'm going to ride the bike as much as possible before it wears out and only fix things that stop it going.
If I could just edit that superb line just slightly to read as follows:

So, now I'm going to ride the bike as much as possible before I wear out and only fix things that stop it going

As I get older I realise it's the most satisfying way to live with them...
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Agreed!! :roll:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Yep no particular plan I just ride them till they break fix them then ride them again . Even worse they don't get to see much in the way of soap and water or polish . Sometimes this plan backfires but mostly they take after the wife and whine on and on and on .........
Ride safe .
Janet

Post by Janet »

ajscomboman wrote:
Janet wrote:
clive wrote:Very sensible approach
Not for me. My bikes have to be perfect.[/quote)

Janet stop it! My sides are hurting now!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Does it feel like sharp stabbing pains? Image
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Janet wrote:
ajscomboman wrote: stop it! My sides are hurting now!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Does it feel like sharp stabbing pains? Image

:shock: :shock: :rofl: :rofl:
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

When I was 15 and just got my licence and couldn't keep off a bike, my granddad would say "you better ride it or it will go rusty otherwise" He would also tell me "they make noises and leak oil so that you know its going"
clive

Post by clive »

G15 Roy wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:
clive wrote:Very sensible approach
A lifelong practice of yours, Clive. ;)
(And me as well).

(Roy's keeping very quiet :rofl: )

Bikes are like women: You can ignore some of the noises some of the time, but..............
I would never ride a noisy bike without ear plugs, and all my bikes are 100 % in every way they need to be ;)
The thoughts "recent clutch problems" and "finding a poor soul broken down somewhere in the Netherlands" come to mind when considering 100% performance of your bikes Roy. :o
DSC00158.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Cheers for that one Clive, he'll be on here now telling everyone that it wasn't his fault, but someone didn't do the rear wheel up tight enough!!! Guess who that would be???

For the record it's not true, the wheel was done up, it was the speedo drive that seized, and don't let him tell you any different!
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:Cheers for that one Clive, he'll be on here now telling everyone that it wasn't his fault, but someone didn't do the rear wheel up tight enough!!! Guess who that would be???

For the record it's not true, the wheel was done up, it was the speedo drive that seized, and don't let him tell you any different!
yes and just like the clutch after your adjustments at this years Jampot Rally fix so it OK for a week or two then it all falls apart. :lol:
Roy