New here

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Samp

New here

Post by Samp »

Hi new to the forum and new to classic bikes. ive been given my dads 1965 ajs 250. I think its a sportster modal 14 maybe (LOTS TO FIND OUT AMD LEARN) im not new to bike or bike mechanics by any means but allways alot newer. I would post a pic but not sure how yet
Ozmadman

Re: New here

Post by Ozmadman »

you can't post a picture as you only have limited access (and limited time) as a forum only member >you would need to join the club fully to get full permanent access. Go to jampot.com to join £22 for a yearly digital membership ( 12 digital mags a year)
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hello Sam. Unusually for Paul, in his excitement to encourage you to join the club, (which used to be my job here ;) ), he forgot to say welcome to the forum.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Hello Sam - and welcome!

To help you get familiar with the bike, here is the best place to start: http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... n_Book.pdf

You'll find plenty of help here on this forum if you get stuck. Best of luck!
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Johnobirches

Post by Johnobirches »

Hi Sam,

Find out where your nearest club section meet and go along they will be delighted to meet you and talk about your bike.
No need to wait for your membership to come through, just go along and have a chat.

John
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clanger9 wrote:Hello Sam - and welcome!

To help you get familiar with the bike, here is the best place to start: http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... n_Book.pdf

I have light weights for the year either side of your 65 model 14 AJS ???. Which you say may be a sportster? First you do need to know just what bike you have got, before looking for any info. As it may not apply. The model 14 was discontinued in July 1963. So if you bike is a model 14, the year is wrong. If the year is correct, it has to be a Model14 CSR. ( Competition Sports Racer ) Check your engine number has CSR. You will not find a complete parts list for that year. There are only a few pages of the parts list covering the latter years archived. Some 20 pages, more than half, are missing. I drew a blank when asking here if anyone had a complete list. As I could do with one myself. Does your bike have an engine number higher than 13274? Also a frame number higher than 16799? As there seems to be no one here that has a complete parts list covering the latter years, I cannot see how anyone can help in advising of all correct part numbers for your bike. I have searched for years to find a complete parts list.
Samp

Post by Samp »

clanger9 wrote:Hello Sam - and welcome!

I have that one in paper form
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Samp

Post by Samp »

Looks just like that top one but its had alot changed anyway i can send anyone a couple pics to post up
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Samp wrote:Looks just like that top one but its had alot changed anyway i can send anyone a couple pics to post up
Ah, you need to know what has changed. So if you keep it that way, you can get the correct parts for what you have.