Cheery Christmas Greeting

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Expat

Re: Cheery Christmas Greeting

Post by Expat »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

The digital version has been distributed this morning.

Why do we try to keep the digital magazine and the paper magazine distribution synchronised?
There is one reason for this - adverts. If the paper version arrives before the digital, then the paper based members get an advantage; if the digital arrives before the paper the digital members get an advantage

Or do they...…?

If you're a digital subscriber, the chances are you also use the website - in which case you see all the adverts before the paper based members (assuming they don't log into the website). Whether you have paper or digital, if you use the website you have the advantage.
If the digital version is a day or two later than the paper version, it merely means that you get to read the articles a day or two later.
How many people sit at their computer waiting for the digital email message to arrive and then download and read the magazine immediately? Very few I suspect....

The current system of distributing the paper and digital versions of the magazine was designed some years ago, it's always good to review processes on a regular basis to ensure they are optimal or can be improved.
We're not "precious" about the current process and would be very open for someone to review the process, analyse better methods and put together a plan for implementing a change. I think the next full Committee meeting is in February 2019, so that gives anyone 3 months to put their ideas together and present at the meeting.

Anyone interested should contact me in the first instance and I can provide details on how the current system works.
Corners like a Lego man
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

:beer: Nice one Eamonn. Not bothered when it turns up. Just happy when it does. The pictures and words are the same on any day.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein