Forecast for sun tomorrow

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Forecast for sun tomorrow

Post by 56G80S »

If it comes true and we see the sun I think I'll take a run through to Stanhope or Scarborough. Birthday treat a day late.

Last chance to get out on the Matchless before the New Year.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Re: Forecast for sun tomorrow

Post by alanjennings »

John, I ride all the time- apart from in the ice! Got a vintage club run on the 27 th, my 103 rd. birthday!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

:beer: Happy birthday
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

56G80S wrote:If it comes true and we see the sun I think I'll take a run through to Stanhope or Scarborough. Birthday treat a day late.

Last chance to get out on the Matchless before the New Year.

Johnny B
I love Weardale... I used to stay at The Queen's Head in Stanhope but that pub has gone now. The landlord, John, used to call me 'The Mad Southerner' as I insisted he take the sparkler off the beer pump before he pulled me a pint. :D The clamber up to the Bolt's Law trig point from Rookhope was my favourite walk and I've sat up there for hours over the years. Ho hum...
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

alanjennings wrote:John, I ride all the time- apart from in the ice! Got a vintage club run on the 27 th, my 103 rd. birthday!
Oh, come now Alan, you can't be that young!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Alan

I don't have the luxury of the time to use riding all of it! But I usually continue riding through the winter when I do find a bit of time.

As for ice I well remember a trip down to Ashby de la Zouch late November (actually to attend a conference at the Fire Service Training centre, although not a fireman).

I was on the TR6P and thought that there was a heck of a lot of salt on the road as I cruised down the outside lane.

Pulling into a layby for a stop I found it was in fact difficult keeping my feet; it was thick frost not salt! I ought to say I was wearing the leather soled Aviakit boots.

Whooppsss.

Johnny B
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Forgot to post, and I know everyone was breathlessly waiting, that in fact I went for a run down to Whitby. It was glorious. Got chilly on the way back as sun set.

The interesting bit is that I put the Matchless straight away rather than topping when I returned. Today I filled up the car and took a can to top up the Matchless. 60 miles and approximately 3/4 of a gallon of juice. I was taking it steady going down all the B roads complete with sheep over the moors.

Johnny B
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

AT

ONLY 81 I WILL TAKE A TRIP TO .

MUST GET ANTHER RIDE IN

Ride with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY

YOUR MOTORCYCLING and SCOOTERING
r w webb
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

Out ok on ON MY BSA DANDY on 25th afternoon.. ONLY a trip round the village ?
But more to come soon
r w webb
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Surrey had a ride from Weybridge station in support of the annual VMCC Brooklands meet on Boxing Day, as I was the only one to turn up at Weybridge I did my own 18 mile ride to the meet which this year was held at The Crown, Horsell as the William lV at Little London is closed for refurbishment. still at least John Teller boosted the Surrey support for the meet.