JAMPOT COVER PICTURE

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
lawrence

Re: JAMPOT COVER PICTURE

Post by lawrence »

1608 wrote:Have to wonder what will appear on the front cover next!! whether they are good or bad I think is missing the point. Where will it all end :shock: :shock:
Well, we do have pics of a very nice 1970 Triumph Bonneville and a 1965 Lambretta GT200 in the archive if you want them featured.......... :rofl: Seriously, it will always be a Matchless or AJS machine on the cover. It's nice to have the occasional modern one.

AJS as a company have always been very supportive of our club, the Brown family are a lovely bunch. They give us free of charge a £2k bike very year for our raffle. They have consistently won awards for their back-up and customer service. The machines are well made, obviously to a price but the market for prestige 125 bikes is limited and within their market sector they are leaders in build quality. We can stand behind their bikes very proudly.

I remember clearly in the Sixties (or, erm, perhaps my dad told me....) people saying similar things about Jap bikes; won't be around in twenty years, they're rubbish. Their classic models now seem to command pretty high values for ancient rubbish! Everyone 'knows' the Chinese are terrible engineers. How they became the first to land on the dark side of the moon is inexplicable...... :D

Happy New Year everyone!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:An engine designer / builder friend of mine spent a year or so in China during the course of his job. He said the build was rubbish. He had to dismantle a bike, sort out the problems and rebuild it. It ten gave no problems.
That may have been true a few years back, however the Chinese are quick learners and the build quality of their products has come a very long way.
Probably why they got someone like my mate to go to China Rob. He also took his whole family that were quite young at the time. Housed them all etc. etc. He was with Perkins here. I am not sure if he took the job himself, or sent there by Perkins. May not have been to a motor cycle company, but would have been for some sort of engine / building company. That was a few years ago now. He's back at home now having rented out his house while in China. I recall him telling me gearbox and electrics were awful, but quite easily cured.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Mob's V Rockers ??? typo front page??
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
shifter

Post by shifter »

I quite like my bit of strong reliable and fast Jap crap as well as the old clunkers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I have no problem with Japanese or Chinese motorcycles but I draw the line at scooters. Sorry, just don't like 'em. Never have done. This dislike comes from before the mods came to town and hit my then girlfriend round the head with a hammer.

In fact I have made the decision not to download the January issue and wait for some better news in February! :x
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

You have to consider that the major Japanese motorcycle manufacturers have been making motorcycles in China for over 20 years.
In 1998 I bought a number of motorcycles Matchless and Triumph from South Africa, a friend shipped them in crates, all were Honda crates with clear markings made in China!
bob121

Post by bob121 »

None of the Japanese manufacturers make any small cc bikes themselves anymore. So when you pay close to 4k for a jap 125 sport style bike, it's Chinese or Indian. But you get your 2 years warranty that's nationwide and is parts and labour.
Expat

Post by Expat »

shifter wrote:I quite like my bit of strong reliable and fast Jap crap as well as the old clunkers

Hear, hear :)

D78AD93E-B76A-4E47-9072-D62FFEC98B65.jpeg

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Bloody rice burners-they'll never catch on :rofl:
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

Ozmadman wrote:Mob's V Rockers ??? typo front page??
Only one typo in the mag? Cripes, four years ago when it was thrust upon the hastily formed and panicked editorial team we were pleased if we only had one typo per page... :D :D