Guest facility - unique to this Club?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Guest facility - unique to this Club?

Post by 56G80S »

My cousin had asked me to identify a motorcycle in a photo of his (deceased) Dad and his (deceased in WWII) twin.

I thought it was a Triumph but he has identified it as a 1938 Speed Twin and has blown up the photo so he even has the registration number.

He wanted to know if it was still in action and I suggested that he try the Triumph Owners Club. When I looked I couldn't see the kind of "guest" facility that we apparently have. Don't other clubs do this? Am I suffering from customer blindness, you know the kind of thing, can't see what you want in the shop and ask.............then it's right in front of you!

And isn't it good that we do!

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Re: Guest facility - unique to this Club?

Post by Rob Harknett »

If all you have is a reg. no. to ID it. To save a lot of bother, first check on DVLA if it still exist. If the reg. no. shows it does not exist. Perhaps still does, but under a new reg. no. in which case you have nothing to track it down with.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

You could post a message and/or a photo on the following website board where there are many Triumph noted experts. You have to register, but it's free:

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/messageswide.html

Scroll to the bottom of the first page to post a new topic.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Other clubs are often free and you can sign up quite easily, and post on their forums.

Otherwise this guy may know where it is....
motorcycle-surplus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Clay, great pic!

Rob, since posting I thought of that and the registration number brought up nowt on the DVLA site so looks like no go.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

56G80S wrote:Clay, great pic!

Rob, since posting I thought of that and the registration number brought up nowt on the DVLA site so looks like no go.

Johnny B
http://kitheadtrust.org.uk/
You could see if what ever office issued the number has records archived ? This may show some registration details, owners etc. I cannot tell you which office to look at , not knowing the reg. no. letters. From which you could discover the office Kent, Essex etc. Then see if they have archived details for reg. no. letters in question..