Post by NORMAN NIPPY »

what size of cover for a 1960 G9 M/L
Thanks
Ozmadman

Re: Oxford cover

Post by Ozmadman »

NORMAN NIPPY wrote:what size of cover for a 1960 G9 M/L
Thanks
Think their sizes are the same across the range of covers here's their measuring and sizing chart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
NORMAN NIPPY

Post by NORMAN NIPPY »

as a full member, why cant I open up answers, permission required
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Dunno - works fine for me.
You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to open Ozmadman's link

Here's the sizing chart in the link posted by Ozmadman....... zoom in to enlarge.
Stormex sizing chart.JPG
or just go straight to the Oxford website here for full range and sizes:

https://app.box.com/s/nokgvo40upvik3yn4x4dpfhxx099fb4c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

I admit my A.J.S. has an oxford cover which is very good for the job. My other bike has to live under an outdoor barbeque cover from B and Q which does the job and is a fraction of the price. I put an old fashioned blanket over the bike under the cover to stop any condensation
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I took a punt at a Lidl motorcycle cover earlier. They are available from today.

I am very impressed.

It's made from a robust material, is lined with a non scratch material and is large enough for a medium bike. They're just a tenner too :)
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Plugsnpoints wrote:I took a punt at a Lidl motorcycle cover earlier. They are available from today.

I am very impressed.

It's made from a robust material, is lined with a non scratch material and is large enough for a medium bike. They're just a tenner too :)
I have just bought one too, looks excellent value. a few odd comments on the packaging though... 1) Not suitable for long term cover? 2) Only use on dry DUST FREE bikes? 3) Do not use if either your bike or COVER IS WET??
Paul
1960 Model 8
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I admit to not reading the small print! I just chucked it on :shock: :lol: I reckon they're just covering their legal backs. It still looks robust enough though. I've put one on my bike and it hasn't rotted away yet. Mind you I've just used it inside the garage so far... I wouldn't worry about it as it's reasonable quality.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Interesting about being UV resistant. My bikes are outside 24/7/365 and I had a JDC cover that disintegrated after two years. My old Oxford Stormex cover faded badly after the same time and the tape over the stitching rotted and came off so it leaked. I complained to Oxford and they sold me a new Stormex for half price. I had a Oxford Rainex cover which was a more rubbery texture for the top part and this survived the longest until the cloth side panels rotted away. I now double cover both bikes with a good (well supposedly good) cover on first and then a cheaper cover over the top, this stops the good cover for getting sun damage which is the main cause for their failure I think
Paul
1960 Model 8