75th Anniversary of D-Day

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Tommy RE

75th Anniversary of D-Day

Post by Tommy RE »

Hi All,
As it is the 75th anniversary of D-Day and I am not getting any younger, I am travelling to Normandy this year with my wife and my 1940 G3 WO 'Popsie' now that she is back in good health (the bike that is) following the disaster of 2016. I will be trailering the bike over on the 3rd June from Portsmouth to our accommodation near Caen and will hopefully be taking part in the parades fully kitted out in Don R uniform during the week before returning from Le Havre on the 10th. If any of you that have !940 -45 G3 or G3L's are going to attend, please let me know as it would be great to meet up and maybe "invade" one of the towns with bikes of the marque.

Cheers
Tommy RE
Rob Harknett

Re: 75th Anniversary of D-Day

Post by Rob Harknett »

Be careful about invading Tommy, last time I went the port was guarded by very attractive female soldiers. They looked like glamour girls in fancy dress, the guns they carried looked real enough.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Rob Harknett wrote:Be careful about invading Tommy, last time I went the port was guarded by very attractive female soldiers. They looked like glamour girls in fancy dress, the guns they carried looked real enough.
Don't tell 'em Pike!
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Tommy I suggest that you send a pm to John Tinley as his contingent are sure to be going.
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

39speedtwin wrote:Tommy I suggest that you send a pm to John Tinley as his contingent are sure to be going.
Thanks,
just doing it now :)
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Tommy, a great adventure with Popsie don't forget we like pictures please